https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Menopause = Bravery Pills

I thought I was in menopause a few years back. I would love to smack that woman and laugh at her THEN idea of this .......


IN REALITY

Cataclysmic Event!  

Most of the time I am pretty respectful and kind.
I love my husband and enjoy being around him. Seriously. I know I am a bit high strung and feisty. However, in the last few months menopause has caused me to take what my Scotsman refers to as BRAVERY PILLS.  Ahem...yes....yes I do test the waters and often JUMP RIGHT IN! 

Lately though, I do not just put my big toe in.....Nope, this lady takes a giant running leap and 'cannon balls' right on in!





Let me interject a moment....Sometimes  my man can drive me bonkers. He doesn't always do what I think he should. Nor does he always pay attention when.... I BELIEVE he SHOULD!

Just so you get a clear picture.....
Recently I was upset with what I perceived was indifference to something I had fretted over. He did not walk in from work and immediately ask me what happened.....(terrible huh?)

I saw that as a testament of his lack of connection to my life. 

See where this is going? 

We had words... but he began asking the right questions.

The pills I had just popped..(Bravery)..allowed me to thwart his every attempt at being supportive (EVEN IF A BIT LATE)

I just remained on my phone....after he TOLD me to get off my phone--- and later he ordered me to... 

GIVE him said phone.

 I said 'NO.'

Well, he was not happy. He confiscated my phone and also smacked my behind. He did give me my phone back.

Forward wind...another time.....

He made a phone call to accept a dinner engagement...that was misunderstood. 

I DID NOT WANT HIM TO CALL..... I thought it was too late...to go for the specified time. We had been invited but were going to get an update as to time etc.....it didn't come....so I didn't want to embarrass this person.

He called and said, "all is well, no problem going!"

Now my oldest child ego took a handful of those 'Bravery Pills' POPPED  them and loudly proclaimed my annoyance.  

That was bad enough.....

However a side effect of those pills was me....

Wagging my finger and scrunching my red face at a shocked hubby. 


I was a little too close and Over I went across my Scotsman's Knees. He was just a TAD upset. My lower legs actually went up trying to protect my bum.... He quite determinedly said to put them down....After a bit, he could hear a smile begin to break as I realized my menopausal craziness and he let me up.

We had a lovely dinner! (Smile)

Now on to tonight....I came home from work. I was exhausted. He had been working in and outside the entire day. I took a nap all sweet and angelic.

Waking up I downed the entire bottle of 'Bravery pills' and cooking dinner began a snarky encounter with my man.  He was trying to be goofy and jokey....I was in the mood to poke the beast.

Maybe I OD'd on those pills because I responded to his threat of spanking with rolled eyes and.....

Crazy menopausal me...said, 'NO YOU WON'T.'

Things happened a bit fast.....LOL.

I was frog marched to our bedroom and upside down in seconds flat. He was slightly upset. Actually said HIS HAND hurt! Hmmmmmm.... I think my bottom was the loser in that encounter.  

The funny thing is.....We are absolutely fine! The spanking (s) helped as always. I know most of you get much harder spankings.....But when my Scotsman 'skelps' my behind, It rights my mood. He also feels better. 

However I am not refilling those Bravery Pills soon... :-)

Thanks for reading,

Minelle 

 

24 comments:

  1. Oh good gravy Minelle! What are we gonna do with you? You're supposed to take those moods out on your friends rather than the man with the hand! Sending lots of positive energy your way...am here if there is anything I can do for you.

    Lots of hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I kinda do the opposite! But really I am mostly very loving to my guy...Even when teasing him with my cheeky attitude!
      We are okay...you know.

      Delete
  2. Minelle,
    I have so been there! Be brave and sweet to your sweet man.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to share how you turned the attitude around! I can use a little help!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear Minelle, sounds like quitting the bravery pills is a good idea, Glad your Scotsman knows how to counteract them and put everything back to rights :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the man knows how to give me the anecdote! Lol
      We're good!

      Delete
  4. Minelle throw away the bravery pills before they get you in any further trouble and you are skelped. Menopause is the pits. Hope your Scotsman is more understanding with you.

    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is the pits! Hate it so much!
      I think the man has patience....lately I'm the one without! Lol!

      Delete
  5. oops Mineel, maybe you should swap those bravery pills for HRT, just saying.....
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to do it without the hormones. Not a good alternative for me.....
      They're better this week!

      Delete
  6. Do not call the pharmacy and devil the pills! Call a friend instead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep walking around saying 'devil the pills!' Love that!
      The friend idea is better!

      Delete
  7. Oh Minelle, you don't have to refill them - they'll be delivered for free and you'll probably take them anyway. I hope your Scotsman keeps doing what he's doing too. If he does, you'll survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still doing what he did.... Constantly! Those pills keep magically appearing!

      Delete
  8. MENOPAUSAL MOOD VS SCOTSMAN

    SKELPING SCORE - Scotsman - 3................Minelle - zero

    Bravery Pills are not winning the game for you, Minelle. Spanking always helps that mood to improve. Hug your Scotsman!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my score gets higher the man changed the game! Lol
      So far he's still winning!

      Delete
  9. Thank God for your Scotsman - someone has to rein you in. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Oh so very true!! I am still giggling at your comment! It's so accurate.

      Delete
  10. Oh Minelle, sorry for your overdose of Bravery Pills. I am glad that your Scotsman is there to help, though. He can make you smile and creates reminders when you sit down at the same time. I hope you can get rid of those Bravery Pills soon.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does make me smile! I must agree the reminders help right us!

      Delete
  11. You see, I call them snarky words and comments, and you call them bravery pills. LOL! But I think they have the same results. And I can see you laughing through your sentences. And an element of smugness creeping in. Ha!

    I do hope you are feeling better now and more reconnected. Whenever I get a spanking like this I always think "Never again" but then time whittles away at my resolve, and back I go for more.

    Take care, lady!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't even think clearly enough to resolve my thoughts! I am an impetuous lady! Words just fly and I'm back over! Lol. Mostly..... Just enough!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love how he is always there to bring you both back to where you want to be. :-) now about those bravery pills... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete