Have You
Ever…..Part 2?
Terps penned this for any and all who wish to join in the fun!
Have you ever danced down a street in Maine? No, I have never been to Maine. I would love to travel there.
Have you ever seen the seals on the pier in San Francisco? Yes! Twice! I would go there as many times as I could! Beautiful city! The seals are a joy to watch!
Have you ever stubbed your toe three times in a day? I am quite sure this has happened to me.
Have you ever been to Disney World? Yes 3 times. Once before I was married with a small group of friends and twice with my husband and kids….oh and one of those times MIL came with us!
Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? Gosh yes! I love laughing! The act of laughing is trans-formative!
Have you ever injured yourself sneezing? I don’t think I have…..
Have you ever been playing a game with a child only to realize that you are still playing long after they left? Many a time! Barbie’s….I may have been creating furniture for Barbie and friends. I always have a hard time stopping when playing with Play Doh, Lincoln Logs, Legos or any other creative process.
Have you ever spun yourself dizzy? Absolutely.
Have you ever said I love you and meant it? God yes.
Have you ever stopped and truly looked at the beauty in nature before you? Sometimes I get shivers and tingles all over when I see the beauty in our world!
Have you ever been so relaxed and lazy spending Christmas day with your immediate family that instead of cooking a big fancy meal you ended up making hot dogs for dinner instead (and saved the Christmas meal for the day after)? Never ever! I love Christmas but I never get to relax on Christmas Day.
Have you ever heard someone say hello and say hello back only to realize they were talking to someone else? Yes….I am laughing remembering all the times this has happened to me!
Have you ever wished upon the first star of the night while reciting the poem "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight?” Yes. Now I am wondering if any of my wishes came true?
Have you ever opened your front door to be welcomed by a hissing snake? Never ever, ever!Thank goodness!! However There have been June bugs and spiders!
Have you ever eaten peanut butter straight out of the jar? Yes. Still do whenever I have the urge!
Have you ever gone into the woods and screamed as loud as you could, just to see if you could? Not sure if it was the woods….but I have been known to scream as loud as I could…..I was a bit of a character at times.
Have you ever nursed your babies...almost 5 years in a row (2 years for the first child all the way through your pregnancy of the second and then 2-1/2 years with the second)? No, I wasn’t able to nurse easily.
Have you ever been so sleep deprived that you made a potentially dangerous mistake and even though everything turned out fine, you still feel guilty about it? Many times I was sleep deprived. Once when my kids were very sick and sleep was even more elusive then normal, I fell asleep at a stop light. Unfortunately my car slowly moved forward and tapped the car in front of me. I was horrified and apologized profusely to the man I bumped. He was so nice to me I almost cried. I vowed to never feel that way and drive. The incident taught me to pull over someplace safe if I was so tired I felt I could fall asleep standing!
Have you ever gone outside on a rainy summer day with your umbrella so you could dance while singing "Singing in the Rain?” Yes while tap dancing away and splashing away! Usually I was joined by my friends!
Have you ever watching a lightning storm? This is something I love to do! The power of the elements gives me energy! My Scotsman has been known to bellow at me when he feels I am courting storm danger--- too much!
Have you ever spoken with someone in a completely made-up language, just for fun? Many, many times! I still do when I get the chance to be silly!!
Have you ever written a children's book and tried to publish it? I have had the story in my head, but drew the pictures first! I never finished it, so I never tried to publish the story!
Have you ever felt the magic of holding someone's hand? Daily.
Have you ever kissed someone at midnight? So many years I cannot begin to count….
Have you ever written a novel? No.
Have you ever smiled so much your cheeks ached? Yes! I love that feeling!
Have you ever followed your dreams and started your own business? Nope.
Have you ever cried during a commercial? So many I can’t even count the times my family says, “NOT AGAIN!” Of course the Scotsman is there crying with me!
Have you ever jumped in the waves of the Atlantic Ocean? No.
Have you ever done the Hula in Hawaii? Never been to Hawaii.
Have you ever followed a butterfly? Yes.
Have you ever finger painted as an adult (not with a child present)? Are you kidding? Yessss!
Have you ever fallen up the stairs? Many times.
Have you ever fallen down the stairs multiple times? Never down the stairs….I am knocking on wood so I do not jinx myself!
Have you ever walked into a wall, when you were completely sober? (did I mention I have a clumsy streak? And yes, I understand the irony considering I am a dancer at heart.) Unfortunately I have done this. I have also walked into lamp posts.
Have you ever started to go into the wrong car? Yes….I even wrote a post about it!
Have you ever had a pet bunny? or a pet chinchilla? or pet fish? I have had pet fish.
Have you ever played truth or dare? Yes…..
Have you ever felt really close to someone you've never met? Many times here in Blogland!
Thanks for Reading!
Minelle
Love your answers Minelle...another member of the clutz family! ;) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
Hi Cat, I am definitely a clutz but I seem to escape major injury! ;-)
DeleteWonderful answers Minelle. I really enjoyed reading this, such a great insight into you :) I really hope you will revisit your children's book some day. I think that would be awesome :)
ReplyDeleteHugs
Roz
Hi Roz, I need to find the sketch book where I did the drawings. One of the images was very personal. I may revisit that story!
DeleteI really enjoy these memes. Your answers made me smile and I agree with Roz, go ahead and publish that children's book.
ReplyDeleteLeigh hi, you are so nice. I will have to revisit the story. It is a family one!
DeleteI do love these and really enjoyed reading your answers Minelle. I agree with Roz and SG, go for publishing that book.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many places I'd like to visit and San Francisco is on my bucket list.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
Hi Ronnie, You guys are my biggest cheering section. It really means alot!
DeleteSan Francisco is such a great city to visit!
Hi Minelle, I bet any book you had written would have had the best pictures!!
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
Hi Jan, Gosh you guys make me blush. I feel like I am good...but there are so many fantastic artists!
DeleteI love your answers and it would be so great if you wrote a story to go with your illustrations.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Ami
Ami hi, The story is in my head. It is one that is passed down through our family. It is a very important story.
DeleteHi Minelle, love your answers. Do you still have the illustrations, so that you could finish your children's book? That would be awesome.
ReplyDeletehugs
Nina
Hi Ni Na, I am a bit of a crazy artist and I am sure the sketch book is somewhere.....I believe I would need to search some though!
DeleteLove your answers..wish we were neighbors..we would have so much fun!
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Hi Abby, I know we would have fun! You never know one day we may meet!
DeleteMinelle, you really must find those drawings. My sister wrote and illustrated a book of children's poetry. Never published, but I treasure my copy. Your art needs to have a good home!
ReplyDeleteElla
Hi Ella, you are very kind. That would make a nice Chrismas present for all the family since my mom just passed away.
Deleteso glad you joined in...loved your answers...we have many shared experiences. :-) Hope someday you are able to finish your children's book, even if just for your own pleasure and memory. :-) Hugs
ReplyDelete