Bas our man of wisdom building gifts of friendship.
We were encouraged to blog around the same time by our very dear friend PK. Although he took the plunge first!
BTW Bas's comments are the small print.....
Did that stop him from extending his hand in friendship. Nope not Bas.
Now this is a great surprise Minelle. Tonight, on my phone, I read your comment on my blog under your new full name and I was already happy for you, but I didn't yet look further. Now, this morning, I click on your name and I find you have started your own blog. And what a great start. Welcome to blogland.
Now we have to find in what way are related. Labraun, that is literally the french/german translation of my last name.
I actually think we need to research that Bas. Let's talk!
Bas has a way of helping me see past my anxious over thinking of spanking....Period. Trying to make clear my Scotsman's spanking his way, versus spanking my way he calmly pointed out.....
I see it Minelle. Vive la difference.
He is having fun. She is having fun.Yep, everything is fine.
Yet... once more I tried to understand the emotional vagaries of being a spank-yes or a spank-no! YES..... versus.....OUCH!!! Bas's wisdom simplifies without fussy words or lectures.
Alternating between spank-no and spank-yes is quite
common. Usually the spank-no's are the ones to be spanked in a few moments, and
the spank-yesses are the ones that were spanked a few moments ago. But there is
also everything in between.
He sees the humor in a misunderstanding and shares graciously.
When posting Pks Meme......I prefaced my answers with a statement that I understood the word 'slept' in the Meme to mean 'sex!' Full belly laugh once again Bas....
Minelle, I am confused. You tell me that "slept" means "having sex"?
He sees the humor in a misunderstanding and shares graciously.
When posting Pks Meme......I prefaced my answers with a statement that I understood the word 'slept' in the Meme to mean 'sex!' Full belly laugh once again Bas....
Minelle, I am confused. You tell me that "slept" means "having sex"?
I always thought the exact opposite.
Watching soccer in the US? That cannot be easy.
This is a disaster! Now everybody thinks I had sex with one
of my brothers.
When others vehemently disagreed with my narrow definition.....giggle.
I am sooooooo relieved.
Maybe I'm just a naive guy. Thinking that 'slept' has anything to do with sleeping.
He doesn't just share conversations with me, but reaches out to my Scotsman.
Watching soccer in the US? That cannot be easy.
Did his team win?
My team did, so I can stand some bragging by him. Go ahead. Laughing out loud!
Even more recently.....As my husband lay recovering and gnashing his teeth at his team.
Minelle, sorry that I could not change the game yesterday. I
would have liked a nice victory for him. Oh well, there's always next week's game.
Bas is the 'Glass is half full' kinda guy!!
He gently encourages me to get some much needed sleep. Bas knows I have stayed up into the wee hours blogging and emailing friends. Shhhhhhh! Ahem!
Still think you should go to bed at decent times though.
His horror and shock that my stories come from real life experiences containing danger question my impulsive nature. We have discussed a metaphorical neon sign hanging above my head, thus illuminating my preponderance for mild mischief.
I certainly enjoyed the story. That adventure on the roof, was that autobiographical?
Or..... If this is in any way autobiographical, you are living way to dangerous.
You've got to get rid of that Neon sign. It's unhealthy.
I'm a bit late, but this story is really real and beautiful. Good promising story!
Told you, Minelle is a talent!
When PK gets her hand on you she will get that book squeezed
out of you.
You should try this for a living. Ana knows all about book-publishers. She can help you.
You can draw your own illustrations for your books, that is a plus.
I
am now waiting for you to work that scene on the dance floor into a movie
script.
Lest you think he doesn't encourage a spanking or two....
Tell husband to be careful while spanking over those Tights.
Watch out for that swatting. You had better behave.
Bas your wisdom reminds us that there is joy every day and to live it and embrace all we can.
Kahlil Gibran says it immensely more beautiful, but when you
live your life to the full, the ups and downs are indeed extreme.
Signed,
The lady from the Museum of Modern Art....Who is never out of breath.
More spankful for Bas.....words of wisdom!
Anyone who would love to join in on 'Spankful For Bas' grab my banner and send a link to your url to Ana
Anyone who would love to join in on 'Spankful For Bas' grab my banner and send a link to your url to Ana
I loved Bas' comment to you on my blog saying that you couldn't (do something, can't remember what) because your husband's team was losing and you had to go and hold his hand. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Spankful for Bas Day to a most wonderful HoH and friend.
Hey Minelle...very cute post...I love all the 'Basdoms'!
ReplyDeleteHappy Spankful for Bas Day!
Blessings,
Cat
Thanks for sharing your Basdoms Minelle.
ReplyDeleteLove willie
"Alternating between spank-no and spank-yes is quite common. Usually the spank-no's are the ones to be spanked in a few moments, and the spank-yesses are the ones that were spanked a few moments ago. But there is also everything in between."
ReplyDeleteLOL! I do remember this and it is one of my favorites!! Bas is quite a fellow.
Hugs,
PK
PS - I might get that book out of you yet!
ROFL - I remember that "everyone thinks I had sex with my brother" comment. I remember laughing my behind off the first time, and it did it to me again. Love it, Minelle. Thanks.
ReplyDeletehugs
lillie
LOL, love the post, Minelle! Thanks so much for sharing. I learn more about Bas with each post. :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful Minelle, thanks for sharing these. LoL, I remember your post on PKs meme and the comment from Bas, I laughed just as much reading it again now as I did when I read it the first time.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Roz
The man is a hoot...and I remember some of these.
ReplyDelete