https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Little Spanking and a Comical Loving Interlude



I felt like giving myself and all of you, a tiny chuckle at my expense.

Just to set the stage…..Of our life!

My Scotsman has been away working to pay the bills. It's been around two months.

I have to say it has been stressful because he wasn’t working full time, and in his line of work they must pay for all living expenses when away. No compensation from the company. So basically we are paying for both of our kids until their student loans kick in, hubby living away and mother-in-law and I!

My job is like an emotional and physical mine field every day. It would take too long to explain.

What a life we lead.

In times when I am stressed I  always like to look at the bright side to avoid getting discouraged.

So I lighten it up by sharing my funny life.

A few weeks ago my Scotsman was able to come home. He wasn’t working on the Friday so it would be a nice long weekend. He would spend quite a bit of Friday and Sunday driving but worth the time spent with each other.

 HA…!! Foreshadowing here….

That weekend both of our kids were around as well as his mother and a multitude of friends in and out.

 Can you imagine how hard it would be to get some privacy??? I'm talking about the erotic stuff!!!

 He manages to ALWAYS smack my behind regularly with stinging swats, however lately we have not had long spankings.

Our bedroom is sandwiched between his mothers’ room and our daughters’ room.

 We are not SOUND PROOFED.

Oh…. I can’t forget our TWO crazy yapping dogs…that scratch and yelp when our door is closed. Ahem…NO MATTER WHAT we are doing!

 So if we want peace…we let them in…

PICTURE THAT.

So before I forget to mention this important fact…..Our bed is broken. It is on the side where I sleep. Not sure how it happened but the frame is cracked. I was sleeping as if my head and chest were angled down a hole! While hubs was gone I flipped my head to the bottom of the bed and all seemed fine. Well maybe not exactly….

The mattress is a regular size Queen and the frame is an extra-long Queen frame.

My creative fix for that is LOTS OF GIANT PILLOWS between the mattress and frame!!

I know…The man is a SAINT! If you want to refresh your memory as to how I insisted we ‘inherit’ …..I can’t find the post…. so sorry!

I kinda, sorta, made it impossible for my guy to say no to a bed my Aunt and Uncle owned. He is so good to me and my quirks. The bed barely fits in our room. He even has to squeeze around the bed in the middle of the night when he needs to use the loo. 

I know…The man is one of a kind!

 Maybe you can guess why he spanks me?
I did suggest I could try and fix the bed before he came home, but that was not welcomed with open arms. It was strongly discouraged since I was going to get beneath the broken bed…

He worries.

I probably could have done something to make the bed better...I am very creative at problem solving. Note the pillows in the gap above...LOL.


A friend strongly discouraged me from hurting myself…Good advice. My job and all....
On to the passionate reuniting! Lovey dovey stuff...! LOL

We made sure we had some time and space. My Scotsman began our little interlude with a spanking. He used his hand...which is hard.
It had been a LONG time for me…So even if both of us would have benefited from more …He was distracted from his purpose.

 Must have been my red behind!
 
Things quickly progressed to other intimate endeavors.

Here is where our romantic, beautiful interlude takes a comical and frustrating turn.

As we longingly begin… Daughter runs in for a brief moment calling to us and saying she’s going back out. 

We freeze.

Her parting words DO make us smile… “Love you guys see you later!”

After the door slams…

My Scotsman starts, then my Scotsman stops.

He feels that he is on the wrong side of the bed because his head is where his feet were…This apart from the large GAP PROBLEM at the foot--- I mean head----of the bed…makes him aggravated.

We are positioned awkwardly for…um intimacy.
Can't imagine the awkward positioning?? Large gap...where our heads are....at the bottom of the bed? 
 So he tells me I need to switch places. 

I get irritated saying, ‘SERIOUSLY’, and tell him he needs to climb over so I can slide under him.
 Not an easy feat.

Now we have the gap…AND I am on the WRONG side of the bed.....

THEN ….

The phone rings…Our son calling for a ride home!
We turn to each other again. Sigh…REALLY!!!


AND

The dogs go ballistic! They scratch and yelp like mad.

We both say ‘bugger it all’ and ignore the pests!

I believe I ended up hanging off the bed…but we had some fun and a great deal of laughs.

In the end I was smacked a bit more-- possibly-- for my cheeky attitude.

 What a life we lead!









































22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Minelle, this was too funny. Good grief woman, get a new bed! LoL, I'm sorry life has been stressful and that you and your Scotsman have been apart. So glad you were able to spend some time together and that you reconnected ... allbeit in a comical way lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think comical is the best way when life is crazy!
      Glad I could share my laugh! Life can be a roller coaster ride!

      Delete
  2. When even I read something like this I'm reminded that the empty nest isn't so bad after all although Mollie still manages to call right in the middle of things. If I don't answer she starts calling her dad. Oh well, I'm really glad you got to spend some time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids do the same thing! Or if I don't answer the cell they call the house phone!
      A bit of news on the horizon....I may be living by myself in a few weeks, until my Scotsman returns.

      Delete
  3. There is a lot to be said for determination....glad the two of you were very determined. Hope your life settles a bit in the future, maybe next time he comes, have the kids stay home for a night and the two of you get a cheap room,,
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are very determined! LOL. We have to be or else we wouldn't get that intimate time!
      I am all for us getting a room away!!

      Delete
  4. Poor Minelle! It might have been worth while to rent a motel room for the afternoon!

    I've just seen a television program on bedbugs, so wouldn't suggest buying a second-hand bed, but watch the sales for an inexpensive one. Even just a box spring and mattress, without a frame.

    I'm glad you managed to have fun anyway.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never buy a used mattress. However now I am rethinking a bed frame as well! I think bedbugs can settle in the wooden nooks and crannies....
      I already spoke with my Scotsman about getting us a different bed....

      Always fun here.

      Delete
  5. Aww! I am sorry that things are so so stressful for you these days, Minelle! The key thing here is that you had a lot of fun with your Scotsman in spite of it all. Honestly they say that laughter is the best medicine. I sure do believe that. You guys manage to find it in the midst of it all! It is wonderful! :)

    Sounds like a new bed is in order when you can. Or maybe you can put the mattress and boxspring on the floor for a bit so you can... you know... with a little less of a comic adventure. LOL! Or one can get a simple metal bed frame for next to nothing and use just that for a while instead of the bed? Just some ideas to save you both from some gymnastics. And I agree with the above, grab your Scotsman and maybe work out something so that you can find a private moment for just the two of you when he comes home. An empty sibs house that you can arrange to duck into for a bit perhaps? Or other? Many hugs and so glad that you find the fun in the midst of a crazy life. I so get this, as you know. May we keep on laughing through all the "stuff"!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If laughter is the best medicine I should be healthy and ....THIN!
      I sure wish laughter would make me svelte!

      When he comes home next time we will need to get a new frame for sure!
      I may visit him away next time though.

      Delete
  6. I had to laugh at your post. You really have to get a new bed.

    Happy you got to spend time together and had some laughs.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined! I already have plenty of ideas. That could mean we need to rearrange our bedroom. Of course I am not sure that would make him happy or aggravated....the rearranging. I have a history of wanting things 'different' every so often. lol.

      Delete
  7. When you first told me about this I related the whole thing to Dan and we sat giggling for ages. You can tell your Scotsman that if ever I see him I will be sure to remind him of the 'hole' in his bed!

    I am not so sure I am the ONLY pickle around Blogland, my dear!

    It is so reminiscent of our house at the moment with builders peering in every window, phones ringing continually and people either knocking on our back door, or not bothering to do so and calling up the stairs. I just long for a peaceful retirement and lots of 'together' and 'just the two of us' time.

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pickle? Me? No. I believe you hold that title!
      Wonder what the builder would say if her peered into your window and saw Dan reddening your behind. It sounds like a perfect story...hint, hint!

      Glad I provided a giggle!

      Delete
  8. Oh Minelle, these things are sent to try us, you really need a new bed though, and a bit of peace and quiet. I quite like the days we have an empty nest
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peace and quiet?? I long for that! I do enjoy when hubby and I are alone. However not sure if that will happen soon. It seems as if the planets are against us at the moment!

      Delete
  9. I am so glad you have such good humor, I would be pulling out my hair. Please have your son get under the bed and fix it before your Scotsman comes home again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will either get that boy to help me, or look for a smaller frame. I really am serious that my Scotsman is pretty dang tolerant of my collecting--crud! Not that I don't tolerate his stuff too. The bed is not even that great in quality, but it is solid wood.


      We have to laugh....otherwise I would always be negative. I think it makes life interesting.

      Delete
  10. ROFLMBO! I do love everything going on around your house! I agree with Sunny...corral your son and have him fix the bed for you. I have lots of duct tape if you need some! :D Just don't do anything that is going to cause you be be hurt!

    Hang in there and know that I am here if you need anything. Sending lots of positive energy!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duck tape?? I'm not sure that would work! We are not super giants but neither are we tiny! lol
      I am going to corral the boy 'if' he is home this weekend! I actually slid a book storage thingy under the bed, to hold it up.

      If I want to not get hurt maybe I should quit work! lol.

      Delete
  11. Glad you had some fun together...be it perhaps a bit crazy! :-) Hugs
    hope you can get a new bed soon... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure when, but we will get a new bed!
    It was good to have some 'crazy' fun together. Thanks Terps!

    ReplyDelete