Ella created a fun Meme for many of us to try! It was a lot of fun! Of course my life is not nearly as exciting as hers!
1. Said something very rude to a doctor during childbirth? No, but I should have……I was high risk with my first pregnancy. I had Preeclampsia and other complications. There was a very eager resident who was 'grand standing.' I needed to be induced and he snuck in to break my water….The idiot didn’t let the nurses know or make sure the bed was covered etc…..I had no clue this was unusual but those nurses let him know!
2. Seen someone pop their eyeball out? Nah….but I actually had an experience with a bouncing cow’s eyeball in a HS Biology class!
3. Had
your stomach pumped? No, never. Thank goodness!
4. Been to a drag show with a very large gay man? Definitely been to a few drag shows with some very attractive tall gay men!
4. Been to a drag show with a very large gay man? Definitely been to a few drag shows with some very attractive tall gay men!
5.
Eaten a worm? Thought about what would happen if someone ate the worm in a
bottle of Taquilla!
6. Run
a nifty, little money-making business when you were 11-12 years old buying
girlie magazines for the boys in the neighborhood? No but read them when I was
babysitting at a funeral home around the age of 14
7. Crawled
through an underground storm sewer for 5 blocks? Um….Never ever would I have
gone down into something like that! LOL
8. Lied about your weight? Every single day of my life! I even refuse to
get weighed at the doctors these days!
9. Needed your husband to help you up the stairs because you were inebriated? I have been in some situations where I was a bit unsteady! Hubby was there to assist! But I have also helped the man!
9. Needed your husband to help you up the stairs because you were inebriated? I have been in some situations where I was a bit unsteady! Hubby was there to assist! But I have also helped the man!
10.
Seen a movie star in an airport? Not the airport, but I have seen a movie star
in Ireland!
11. Walked out of a movie? I don’t think I have……
12. Sat on a jury? I have been called for Jury duty but I have always been let go…..
13. Told a child, "Because I said so." Oh yes I have! I used to be so idealistic. I promised myself I would always talk to my kids….and at school. Eh! It is so very liberating to use those words!
14. Ran a cash register in a small grocery store when you were 8 years old? No but played store with a toy cash register!
11. Walked out of a movie? I don’t think I have……
12. Sat on a jury? I have been called for Jury duty but I have always been let go…..
13. Told a child, "Because I said so." Oh yes I have! I used to be so idealistic. I promised myself I would always talk to my kids….and at school. Eh! It is so very liberating to use those words!
14. Ran a cash register in a small grocery store when you were 8 years old? No but played store with a toy cash register!
15. Wrote a eulogy for a parent? I have been involved with the communal
theme and thoughts that were to be shared at my mother’s Eulogy this past May.
16. Heard a song you were sure was written and sung just for you? Not sure I have thought a song was written specifically for me, however I have felt that songs have captured emotions for me during difficult and happy times.
16. Heard a song you were sure was written and sung just for you? Not sure I have thought a song was written specifically for me, however I have felt that songs have captured emotions for me during difficult and happy times.
17. Roasted chestnuts on an open fire? No, however we always received Chestnuts
in our Christmas stockings as a child!
18. Eaten 44 shrimp at one sitting? I never counted. However I am sure I have come close! I LOVE shrimp!
19. Thrown all phones in a drawer for the entire weekend? PANIC! I am unfortunately addicted to a phone or PC. My Scotsman is bad too, however he has taken the phone from me a few times, (I may be worse than him) when I am not in the moment. He always returns it after a short time!
20. Gone on a vacation all by yourself? No, but I have gone to museums by myself. LOL
Thanks Ella!
Minelle
Loved your answers, Minelle...what movie star did you see in Ireland? Babysitting in a funeral home? Corpse? Thanks for sharing. ;)
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
Hi Cat, It was John Travolta.
DeleteOh man it was unnerving to babysit in the funeral home. They were a family and the son was very odd. He told me I needed to answer the phone when a body came in, since it was "business!"
Hi Minelle, liked your answers, I don't think anyone else in Blogland is going to have as many yeses as Ella! She was a wild one!
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
Hi Jan, I feel like a boring lady! I did do some interesting things but Ella.....!
DeleteHi Minelle, I am now finding bits of time here and there to check in with blogland. Thank you so much for being there and for checking in on me. Rick's recovery is going to plan, although he currently has an infection in one of the surgical sites. He is on antibiotics and they are keeping a close watch on it. 2 weeks ago today now!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your answers, don't think I want to ask about No.2! lol
Hugs
Roz
Hi Roz, I am so glad you checked in! I am happy Rick is getting better. It is difficult being the one who has to be on top of everything! I know he is glad you are so vigilant!
DeleteAs to number 2....read what I said to Cat!
I wondered the same thing as Cat - a strange place to babysit. You have some interesting answers here.
ReplyDeleteHi PK, Read what I wrote to Cat! It did freak me out. I told him I wasn't answering and letting the hearse into the port!
DeleteBabysitting in a funeral home. Tell us more. I hated touching the cow's eyeball in Biology.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading your answers Minelle. Thanks.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
Hi Ronnie, Read both Cat and PK's replies! LOL...I keep remembering more!
DeleteThat eyeball.....ewe....right?
I had a good friend whose parents were funeral directory and they lived in the funeral home...we had some...interesting..sleep overs! Loved your answers..
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Hi Abby, I bet you have some interesting stories! Were the kids laid back about it?
DeleteOh, Minelle. I am glad you wrote your own answers. They were wonderful! Loved the one about sleepovers at the funeral home. Ha!
ReplyDeleteHugs From Ella
Hi Ella, Funny thing is the couple I babysat for were interesting. She had hundreds of Harlequin Romances, He had tons of porn magazines.....
Deletevery fun to read your answers. interesting babysitting assignment :-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Terps, How are you? Yes the assignment was quite unusual! Read some of my replies....lol
DeleteLordy, Minelle, I can't imagine you without a phone - you must go into a full blown anxiety attack. lol.
ReplyDeleteLove reading the answers. The funeral home was a standout.
Hi Sunny, sad isn't it? I am trying to retreat a bit from my over addiction. I feel a bit guilty. Lord knows i don't need more to worry about! LOL
DeleteRead my replies to everyone...I keep remembering more....
loved reading your answers Minelle. Particularly reading the magazines whilst babysitting.
ReplyDeleteHugs Lindy
Hi Lindy, The strange thing was I used to read the Harlequins and look at the magazines.....what a weird place. lol
DeleteHi Minelle, loved your answers. Babysitting in a funeral home does somehow sound like an uncommon activity for that sort of place. Oh, I am fully with you on the panic when being without the phone!
ReplyDeletehugs
Nina
Hi Nina, I am trying to step away some. I am feeling like I can't participate in RL sometimes! How are you these days?
DeleteMinelle - I'm with the others...babysitting in a funeral home?? Sounds like a story! Loved your answers, you always make me smile.
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie, I am happy you smile when visiting me!
DeleteRead what I said in replies to others...weird place!
Im going to add you to my blog roll soon! Just bogged down with work and Christmas...family....oh everything!
Your answers are priceless! I now realise what a "sheltered life" I've led all these years!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Ami