https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The water has reached our ankles.


This weekend my husband was able to indulge one of his favorite passions. No not me,…. well maybe a bit of me!


He is a soccer fanatic, and he was able to enjoy a little time away watching his favorite team. I entertained myself by having dinner with a friend. We enjoyed conversation, cooking and drinking wine together. Always fun!


 When my husband returned I was happy to plan our remaining weekend time. Since our children are older we have more hours to ourselves. This intermittent stage in our lives allows us to concentrate on us---our time with one another.

 During a normal week life is crazy and at night we both fall into lazy habits, me reading, and him on Facebook or watching TV.  He works so incredibly hard and such long hours, I feel he needs to decompress so we are both cognizant that that’s okay, needed even. Yet, we want a great weekend with activities and social entertainment.


This brings me to a new tradition we both cherish; on Sunday morning my husband I have begun a little activity, bike riding together. I know what you were thinking. (That’s something we enjoy as well) We find that connection time with each other makes our weekend, and sets us up for the week ahead.


I begin teaching soon so I know my life will become very busy so I am embracing the time alone with him.


Anyway back to the bike ride…. We started out on a great path near our home. It is quite deserted on a Sunday morning and we can go a good distance not seeing anyone. We talk about us, the kids (This time soccer! LOL) anything we feel like. It is just absolutely lovely.


At one point I say, “so what do you feel like doing the rest of the day?” His answer was, “I want to spank you and thennnn……yes… he said it out loud. I said honey shhhhh what if someone hears. He responds, “so what, it doesn’t look like anyone is around, and anyway if someone hears they don’t know us!!!”


 Yeesh. I have created a monster. Albeit, a lovable one.


We  continued our 20 mile ride…. 20 miles!! Yes... we needed a nap later. That was not code word for something else. We slept!!


 We enjoyed the closing ceremonies, delaying our adult time since teen #1 was in the house until late evening.


 Adult time eventually arrived!


Well he took things up a level! I was like, ouch, my legs may have kicked up a bit. For a moment I thought….I want this? Then things settled in and I thought …uh huh. Yep! All is good.


Later I asked him about kicking things up a definite notch. He said…. yeah, I am not so worried about really hurting you anymore.


Hmmmmmm!


It was all good maybe instead of toe tipping, the water may have reached our ankles. J

Thanks for listening,

Minelle

31 comments:

  1. Now THAT sounds like a really, really nice weekend!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I just wish we had more time together just now.
      Thanks for visiting me.

      Delete
  2. Watching soccer in the US? That cannot be easy.
    Well, all that stuff about spanking is fine, but Minelle, you missed the important information.
    Did his team win?
    My team did, so I can stand some bragging by him. Go ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No his team did not win! However, he was able to meet them and get some pics and autographs!! Bonding time with other like minded supporters.
      Great that your team won!

      Delete
  3. Wow, 20 miles, impressive :) Better start treading water, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treading water?! Yikes not yet.lol
      As to the biking we were not racing but the next day I dropped 3 pds! Now if it would stay off.

      Delete
  4. *giggling. 20miles?? I wouldn't need a sleep after that, I'd need an oxygen tank! Lol!
    Mitch and I have done the 'cycling together' thing. I went 4 miles round the loch, he wanted to go again......... Yes you carry on babe, I'll wait here and recover thanks :) teehee.
    Anyhow.......... He's not so scared of hurting you anymore, ooh Minelle, your butt is toast :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still laughing...oxygen tank! I wasn't as enthusiastic about the distance on Sunday... but he was game!I used to be the one pushing us on! Now he is!
      Maybe in OTHER things as well. ????!!!!

      Delete
  5. Sounds great Minelle! :) Well, maybe you should be a bit concerned with the bit about him not being worried about hurting you so much anymore! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice, Minelle. Just getting home and settling in and so I am always late to blogland! But, so glad to read about your bike rides (how wonderful for you guys and good for you!) and so fun to read about the comment from your husband. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. I will start being late to blogland very soon! Yes the bike rides are rejuvenating. Well... except for the fall I had in late June.lol
    His comment was typical of him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a monster. I know I have too - but it is so much fun. He now counts strokes so he can see just how many I take before I call a halt. Funny but oh so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strokes!lol How long did it take to work up to that. I am laughing thinking you all would think I am such a wimp. I Love hearing everyone's take.:)

      Delete
  9. Minelle, a lot of similarities here with how things work with our husbands, teens and ourselves. I love our adult time and always enjoy when the kids are out. Bike riding sounds more fun than walking, which is what my husband wants to start doing. It sounds to me like you are ready for the ankles, maybe even the knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we walk but I MUCH prefer the bike. It can be hard to grab that adult time. It becomes so important to 'get it while you can.'lol.
      Not sure about the knees!

      Delete
  10. Oh, that sounds lovely! Connection time is very important. Glad you are turning the baby steps into walking...but hey, cycling means you'll move forward very much faster!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will probably move slowly and those baby steps will continue...I think? Only time will tell.:)

      Delete
  11. HUmm...he really does seem like he's getting his head around this! Your weekend sounds wonderful. I love long bike rides, though not quite 20 miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is learning fast, although I think he was just waiting for the window of opportunity. The 20 miles isn't that hard when your talking!

      Delete
  12. 20 miles? Wow!

    Ankle deep sounds nice...

    Kate


    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Thanks for popping by. I am no athlete but I am able to sustain the 20 miles.
    Ankle deep is just where we are, and it is nice! :)
    I will stop on over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I just LOVE hearing about your explorations!!! Yay for ankle deep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am definitely good here. Maybe the song popping in my head is dangerous....More...More....More, How do you like it.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry late stopping by. Your weekend sounded lovely. 20 miles good for you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, thanks for coming by. Have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  17. Hi from another woman with her ankles in, cherishing time without kids, husband learning, etc. But NO WAY can I bike 20 miles-walk 'em, sure! Enjoyed reading your blog-I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I was just checking out your blog! I will go back and comment. The biking is so much easier to me than walking. Less time also!

      Delete
  18. Sounds like lovely time spent together.

    ReplyDelete