https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 28, 2012

See That Lap Over There? I Have Been Across It.



Many of you think I am too nice to be difficult, conversely yesterday I was the epitome of the definition… feisty, in all its varied connotations.


Feisty:
* full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky:
* ill-tempered; pugnacious. Yep that last part as well!


We were attending a special event and were stressed. Our children had caused us to leave the house tense and upset with them, and each other. I am always concerned with doing the right thing, and that often makes me righteous, regarding my views.


The ride in to the event was close to an hour. During that time traffic had become congested. I started to freak about my husband’s driving. I know most of you would have wanted to boot me out of the car. I admit I was awful. He is an excellent driver, but I was edgy.


He actually said if you don’t stop I am going to put you over my knee in this car, trying to lighten the mood. I laughed trying to picture me crossing the stick shift. However his next words did crack me up. He threatened to spank me in front of all my friends…..He never would, but it cinched the deal, making us both throw our nasty moods out the window.


The afternoon nicely led into the evening where we ended up socializing with a relative and later her husband. We were partaking of some ‘Spirits’ and she brought up 50 Shades, I could tell she was intrigued. After hinting at the naughtiness of the book she expressed concern that Anastasia couldn't sit after he spanked her with the belt. 


My lips were loose and I said that it was ridiculous. I went on to express my opinion challenging hers saying it wasn’t extreme….


I know ‘shut-up’ right?


I said anyone who has played with spanking knows that wasn't so horrible. 


Her eyes opened enthusiastically. She looked between us and said ‘no way?’


“Aye.”


 I lied a bit here since we have never used an implement but it bugs me when people get upset with the mild spanking in the book.


Then I turned to my husband and he received my telepathic assent, as she smiled eagerly, anticipating more juice.


He looked up and stated, “yes really.”


She was definitely intrigued and interested.


I took a sip of my wine and changed the subject.


 Devious huh?


Good naturedly taking the hint, she spoke about another relative of ours who said their kids NEVER fought. All of us lament about our kids don’t we?


I said look at their mom and dad’s personalities both are so mild mannered, of course their children were naturally mild mannered.


Here I lead us back to the preceding discussion only I am the only one with this knowledge.


Looking at her, I explained that my kids are very loyal but definitely fight….then I looked at my husband and said, “you certainly know my feisty emotive personality… and how my husband is. We both have very strong temperaments. We are passionate, to say the least. We are social and loving but our natures have at times clashed.


She lived with me for several years so she knows I am very loving and nurturing but sometimes…… ‘excitable’


This is where I said it……


I looked across to my husband and said, “see that lap over there?" I have been across it.”


For the second time that night I shocked her, her laugh was bright and her smile was wide.


“Really?”  Leaning in she wanted more explanation.


I smiled and said “yep.” And changed the subject.


Thanks for reading.

Minelle

BTW- Everyone We have exciting news, Celeste's book Underwear Probation can be downloaded for free on Amazon today through Midnight (Pacific time) October 31. 





31 comments:

  1. Brave girl you are :) I worry about slipping myself and saying too much. It will happen someday, I just hope when it does it's to the right audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to put a disclaimer, I completely trust this person. She would be fine with the secret. However, I try and always tease and back off.

      Delete
  2. ROFLMBO - You tease! I can just picture the eager look for more information. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Thanks for the news about Celeste's book - heading to Amazon now. :)

      Delete
    2. I sometimes regret what I say after my lips loosen, not last night however! lol, I had fun!

      Yay! you will enjoy Celeste's story.

      Delete
  3. Minelle---Thanks for the shout out. It was the second (or third) surprise in this post! Good for you.

    And I love that line. I may steal it. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave girl. I can just picture the looks on their faces. I know once in a while I have almost blurted something out and hubby has said a few things now and then too. Oh well, if it does, it does, the sun will still come up the next day.

    I got that book - I think it was free for a couple of days when it first came out. Entertaining read - very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I am bursting and just cannot stop myself.
      My husband says stuff without even trying to shock. He just says it! And the sun does still shine every single time. lol

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the free book hint! That was quite a conversation, and I think all siblings fight!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least at the age my kids are now. However I insist they fix it. The book is great.

      Delete
  6. LOL!!!! Oh, Minelle!! I only wish I could have seen you do this. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bestie that I've shared a tiny bit of the light/fun/kinky side of things with and I feel safe with that and happy that we can giggle about it together. I know I'll never open up to anyone irl about the discipline side of things though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I wouldn't either. I tried discussing it hypothetically with someone once, and will not do that again.

      Delete
  8. Great that you were able to share with someone you trust and thanks for the tip, too! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Celeste's book! I am able to share in a funny way with some!

      Delete
  9. Minelle!
    It is the really well behaved ones that you really have to watch! It must be nice to share with someone. I, like faerie, always worry about saying too much, but you did it with just the right attitude and class.
    Minelle - THAT was cool.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll. I am somewhat of an impulsive lady at times.
      Never as a responsible adult.....just when I am the fun me.

      Delete
    2. I read this post to Ian and he LOVED it. We thought it was very sweet. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks!For me impulse control isn't all bad!

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, that was brave! Would love to have been a fly on the wall. I can just image the eager look for more information.

    I bet it felt good to share with someone you trust. I too always worry about letting too much slip.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am getting better at filtering who I can trust. Some are much more open minded. Frankly I only let it go so far. But it's still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brave girl. I'd love to have been there.

    Thanks for the news about Celeste's book.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Before I actually embraced my 'kink' hubby used to say stuff in front of people we knew. I would then say ooh darling wait till later, turning it sexual even as he scolded! Everyone would giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just read this post! I can imagine your friends curiosity now... lol.
    I spoke about 50 shades in front of some work ladies once... I said
    I thought 50 shades had too little spanking personally... Anastasia could have used much more!
    They were pretty wide eyed when I said it wasn't "that" racy of a read... Then I got teased for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so strange, even bodice busters are more graphic sometimes. Even the spanking in some of the old romances. Just so funny. I think some people tease to live vicariously!

    I think I will continue to tease as long as hubby doesn't care and my kids are not around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "See that lap..." I can't believe you actually said that! What a woman!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sometimes wish I didn't say something, but not this time!
    The evening was a riot. I even said something once more to both she and her husband. I thought his eyes would bug out. He wasn't sure I said what I said?! I didn't enlighten him by that time, I was tired.lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect! Light and teasing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I just need to leave well enough alone!lol

    ReplyDelete