https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I did it again.


Well I did it again. Remember the post about me ‘outing myself’ and being across a certain lap
My Scotsman’s to be exact.

Now to be perfectly honest I never intended this newest conversation to happen.

We often get together with some longtime friends.
There is always plenty of food…ahem…drink…and often heated discussions.

 I actually suggested that someone (yes, the Scotsman) nudge me if I became too verbose, or started discussing the merits of say… “Fun spanking.”

On this particular evening I was not in the mood for any heated discussions. Absolutely not.  As a matter of fact… I informed everyone I was not inclined to get into any political, educational, or religious debates.

Maybe I was in a bit of a mood. A bantering mood!

I had a couple of glasses of wine and relaxed… We ate and drank, laughed, argued and talked continuously. 

Isn’t that what we do with our good friends?

Here’s where things get foggy. Well not completely. Sigh….

Red faced Minelle.

I walked into the kitchen with my friend who has known me for 38 years. He has been like a big brother to me many times. We have weathered many a storm with each other.

I do not even know how it came up…he said something  about me and spanking…I said, “like you haven’t threatened my backside many times.”

He said, “yes I have threatened.” (Way-- way in the past…He has actually swatted. Of course I reacted and smacked him back- We were young.)

I finished with, “Well my Scotsman follows through.” YES….I said that.

I then realized exactly what I said and walked out to my guy. I sat on a chair and said. “I just said something I shouldn’t have; please take this wine from me.”

My darling didn’t bat an eye, and came and took the wine.

He actually could care less what I said. It doesn’t faze him at all.

The rest of the evening is a blur….But I do know that no one was remotely interested.

I guess good friends aren't easily shocked! LOL

43 comments:

  1. I don't think it's your face that should be red, young lady! lol.

    I have a feeling that said Scotsman probably doesn't follow through nearly as much as Mrs. Scotsman needs it.

    I hope that said Scotsman DID follow through. Later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No comment from Ms. Anna's peanut gallery. His 'fun' follow throughs are good enough for me!

      He may have...lol

      Delete
  2. Made me giggle! My Hoh always seems quite calm when I inadvertantly say something I shouldn't as well! quiet_sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome quiet_sara! I think the key to not shocking anyone is acting like it is no big deal. Right? *Smile*

      Delete
  3. ROFLMBO! Definitely not shocked but do agree with Ana...your Scotsman needs to redden your rear and restrict that drinking! ;)

    Thanks for the laugh.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeeellll! He says there is a tone in my voice...ahem...then he knows to pay attention.
      You- and many others think he should redden my rear on a regular basis!

      Delete
  4. I think I need to start drinking wine! Love it and Ana's right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe we can make that happen 'together' in the not to distant future!
      Hey! Ana is right? What did you say?

      Delete
  5. I'm right! I'm right! See, everyone else agrees. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome!! I think it's great that you are comfortable enough (with a little wine) to admit to a little spanky panky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the operative word Renee...with a little wine.
      It was many years before I had a glass or two again...so now...words flow.

      Delete
  7. Well I read this twice and chuckled both times. Sometimes our friends know us well and when to leave well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was cracking up reading your comment. So true! My friend left well enough alone!

      Delete
  8. I say the next soiree you attend, bring a variety of cheese on one of Blondie's paddles...keep them guessing! Perhaps exaggerate difficulty sitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I think that would be so funny! Dare I bring Blondie's lovely paddle?

      Delete
  9. Omigoodness, Minelle! I am glad that I don't drink! I could get i lots of trouble.....well, actually not, Ward would think it was funny :-p

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See...that's right- it is funny! Course it's has to be a good crowd. Just think what would happen with a little lessening of inhibitions!

      Delete
  10. Good friends know when to leave well enough alone.

    What kind of wine do you drink? I think I should stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to tell you the name of the wine in private- since...oh well Menage et trois...or any red.

      No don't stay away from it, we could have fun!

      Delete
  11. LOL! What great friends you have. I really like Wilma's idea...bring your own little pillow to sit on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I would be brave enough to joke like that with a couple...maybe!

      Delete
  12. Sorry but I had to laugh. I wished I could seen your face. He probably already knew your Scotsman followed through:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, given he had threatened so many times as well. Good friends.

      Delete
  13. Shoot! LOL. I'm glad it didn't even phase your Scotsman. I've had an old friend offer MM a wooden spoon and I know she was joking, but heck, was she joking. It's all very disconcerting when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think those that joke...REALLY mean it! So yep- disconcerting, or not?

      Delete
  14. One must be careful with the wine- thats for sure! never know what might come blurting out! Funny how that didn't phase your Scotsman, Minelle! :).

    A couple of weeks ago or so, Rob came home from work and asked me what I had said to one of our good friends. I asked why and he showed me a text that he got that said to just spank me and then forgive, and bring me out to this place that we all go out to every week. I had told our friend, jokingly that I had been pestering about going out and wasn't sure that we'd make it that night. A little while after we got there he actually asked if Rob had spanked me! I jokingly thanked him for throwing me under the bus, and felt my face get flushed! And yes I'd had wine too! WOW! LOL! Hugs Minelle- and be careful!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! See like I said to Susie, I bet they mean it. They could be testing the conversation waters....! That wine gets us in trouble all the time!

      Delete
  15. LoL Minelle, good friends know when to leave things alone. Just as well your Scotsman didn't bat an eyelid ... or is it? .. maybe Ana and co are right? :)

    I love Wilma's idea. Wonder if your Scotsman would be fazed by that? LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ana and co definitely suggest it enough! I am not sure I will have to ask him what he thinks about me sporting a 'sit upon' pillow!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like good friends :-) It's a good thing I don't drink... Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Terps you can do it without the alcohol..right? Shock the socks off of someone!

      Delete
  17. Sounds like me wasn't too surprised! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No NOT surprised. Maybe I should wonder why he wasn't surprised?

      Delete
  18. I must be a good friend. I'm not a bit shocked.
    Come to think of it, I'm not even surprised!

    Oh well, a bit surprised maybe, that I have to say this:
    "Ana is right!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Bas...I guess it is official then!
      As to Ana being right...hmmm...do we really want to encourage her?

      Delete
  19. Minelle,
    You didn't! But I guess that you did. Naughty wine. Let's blame the wine.

    Elisa Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going with the wine...I wonder what would happen if I had a Martini?

      Delete
  20. Good grief Minelle! Remind me to have my lips sewn together first thing tomorrow! If I even suggested anything like that Starman would have my arm up my back and I would be borrowing your heavy wooden item of correction!!! Tell me what the wine was called, and I will avoid that make like the plague!

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  21. My heavy wooden item of correction? LOL. Talk to Blondie!
    I have already told you the wine I enjoy. Did you forget? lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well....these things happen, Minelle, especially where wine is involved. Your Scotsman was very cool about it, though - I like that.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, he is pretty tolerant of my impulsive nature at times!
      That wine really gets me in trouble. LOL

      Delete