https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spreading Sunshine - Creative and positive inspiration


 
Renee Rose surprised me with a lovely nomination for ‘The Sunshine award.'


The idea is for bloggers to present the sun-loving flower to other bloggers who “creatively and positively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Thank you my dear!

Renee writes wonderful romances that include spanking in them. I found her when she first began writing and blogging through SNP. I think we were her first commenters. Renee put the first chapter of her book Betrothed on her blog. I read it and loved the story. She was the first to encourage me to write a review! Yikes, another milestone for me in this ‘spanking world.’

I am not sure if you remember Renee, but your positive energy was felt and helped tremendously during my Scotsman’s illness.

 If you want to join in the fun, the rules for the Sunshine Award are to:

(1) Thank the person who gave you the award in your blog post.
(2) Complete the Q&A below in your blog post.
(3) Pass on the award to 10-12 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.


 Here are the Sunny Questions implied for answering:

 A little disclaimer….I do not follow certain rules very well. I cannot always pick one answer. Please bear with me and realize all my answers are the truth!

Favorite Color: Rose, reds, fuchsia, aquamarine blue, French blue, purples and ..….Oh man- I am an artist I cannot do this. Sometimes a color that calms me is not the same as one that makes my heart skip a beat.

Favorite Animal:  I love elephants and dogs. 

Favorite Number: I seem to always go to these numbers: 3, 7 and 14.

Favorite Non-alcoholic Drink: Coffee.

Facebook or Twitter: I guess FB since I do not do twitter. I am already over committed to blogland.

Your Passion: Well another difficult question to answer. In what specific manner are we talking about passion? I have a passion for my husband and family. I am passionate and compelled to create art. I love to teach art. I have a strong desire for these two facets of my being. It makes me complete. I am passionate about spanking stories and the friends I have met here in this ‘place.’ The fit in this world makes me feel validated in my strangeness!

Giving or getting presents: I love giving gifts and when I give you a work of art, I am giving my love.
I do love receiving gifts from the heart. When someone takes time to think about me in some small way it is like a piece of them.

Favorite Day:  I love Christmas because of the child like wonder it creates. For me it is family real and created that matters. The fantasy that we can suspend all our beliefs and step outside the real problems we have. I believe in magic during the Holidays. I do not care if that is naive.

Favorite Flowers: Lilacs, hands down. The scent brings back the child like wonder of spring and new beginnings.

Now onto the nominations…..

I really want to nominate those of you who are now, and were my sunshine during the difficult time I had a few months back.

Ana: We live to tease each other and laugh. We share our trials and tribulations! I especially love her stories including me and my guy. She writes primarily FF, but in her friendship she tailored stories to my MF relationship! I especially love the story she wrote for me after my guy was home from the hospital!

 Ms. Ana is and has always been sunshine and compassion.  (Although....Ahem...sometimes she gets downright bossy) 

When my Scotsman was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and I needed to drive an hour away to meet him not knowing if he was going to get there in time, I was scared. She asked if she could let people know about our struggles and worry. I accepted with relief. I know the power of positive thinking and prayer. 

I will forever be grateful.

The first morning after rushing once again to the emergency room we woke up to a delivery of an Angel, from an angel. That gift brought tears to my husband’s eyes. It sits near us as a reminder of all we have to be thankful for. Sunshine!

PK: Pk has been a cheerleader and confidant from the beginning. She helped me overcome my anxiety and embrace this ‘spanking’ thing, no matter what it was to me. We emailed for a quite a while. We talked about her  Cassie and how much she loves to write their story! She encouraged me to write my first Fantasy Friday story, and stood by to clean up my mechanical mistakes. We share so much of our lives. 

SHE is the reason I am here!

PK was sunshine and a caring voice during my guy’s illness. PK and Sunny texted several times a day and listened when I needed to talk.  The encouragement helped me relax and be patient. Sunshine!

Sunny: Sunny has always been here for me. She kept me sane when I vacationed last summer with my family. We laughed and laughed.

During my guys medical emergency my friend Sunny cheered me daily with words of sanity and kindness. She recognized I desired to re-connect with my Scotsman and needed a symbol that he would return to his normal self. Sunny generously sent me my first paddle. The very day we returned from our second hospital stay, the paddle arrived. It put such pep in my guys step. He used that paddle the very first day! Healing. Sunshine!

Celeste: I count Celeste a friend. She was and is a writer I have followed from the beginning of my spanking journey. I discovered her on Discipline and desire. We emailed back and forth and it was she who helped me with my blog roll.

I have to say though her kindness in sending me a story to read as I was sitting with my granny panties in the hospital….(I’ll explain later!) It was a Godsend. Many of the blogs are blocked because they are considered ‘Adult.’ The long hours you lay awake in a hospital room trying to sleep worrying are not productive. The story brightened my night and day! Sunshine!

Wilma: Oh we had some fun as we bantered back and forth during my first stay in the hospital with my guy. I was without a change of clothes since I rushed to his side in the middle of the night. I wasn’t leaving him for one minute. I needed to buy panties and the size and style were not my first choice! LOL. They could be loosely termed ‘granny panties.’ We giggled as we described an absurd hospital porn scene. We creatively imagined twisted phone cord restraints and more. Wish we had kept those musings! Sunshine!

Cat: Cat too was a voice of positive thought and prayer for me during the scary times. Even though she has weathered much sadness she brightens many a bloggers day. She thinks about others and always offers advice from her heart. She doesn’t compromise her principals, but looks at what you need. She is always honest!

She has made me laugh uproariously, as she patiently talked me through a computer crisis. Sunshine!

Rogue: I have read Rogues blog forever. She is a woman who embraces who she is and has a great sense of humor!

 Rogue popped up on chat as I relaxed between hospital stays. We laughed hysterically at some of my less than stellar moments of craziness. I think she was shocked at my ribald sense of humor. Sunshine!

Ami: Ami has had her own worries, but was always there to offer a kind word of compassion during difficult times.

We often laugh and share the impulsive moments we find ourselves reeling from. She regales me with her mischief as do I with my constant need to be reined in. In spite of the time difference we manage to chat regularly. We talk about everything…including mayonnaise! Sorry, that's another story! Sunshine!

Bas: The man of the hour. We started blogging close in time. I found his humor and common sense approach to life so grounding. Bas makes everyone smile!He always has words of wisdom to impart no matter how tired he is.

I can remember one comment that made me want to smile and cry all at once. I was describing some of my worries and he said, "are you taking care of yourself? I hear about everyone else you are taking care of- but you are not on that list." Sunshine!

I will be notifying all of you here...eventually!
I know...I know..."THE RULES SAY......
I Follow SOME rules!

Thanks everyone for reading!

Minelle

26 comments:

  1. Quite the impressive array of sunshiners you have here, my dear. Thank you for the lovely words. It's wonderful to see how many people have touched your life because you have certainly touched ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is so sweet and supportive -I am, the hospital PORN QUEEN. LOL..well I'll take what I can get I guess!

    Seriously Minelle, your friendship has meant so much to many of us. I consider myself very fortunate to call you a friend. You are by far the Sunniest ray of sunlight!

    love, willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I am thinking this was supposed to make me smile not cry!
      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. This is such a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you said in this post is so heartfelt and beautiful and real. :-) Simply lovely. You truly are a ray of sunshine. Hugs, Terps
    PS - I believe in the magic of the holidays too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Terps you are kind. I am glad you share my view of the holidays!

      Delete
  5. I thank you very much for your kind words. I love your answers. Thanks for the nomination, I'll try to do this next week.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in hon! The kind words are true!

      Delete
  6. Lilacs were my mom's favorite too. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet. I wonder if there is a meaning to that?

      Delete
  7. A very beautiful and heartfelt post Minelle, I love your answers to the questions and your touching words about some very special people in blogland who indeed definitely spread the sunshine :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm embarrassed to be counted amongst all of these 'Superheros"!

    I remember the first couple of blogs I read of yours, don't even know if I commented, it was right at the beginning of my 'new life'. I picture everyone, and I pictured you as a little dark-haired elfin girl with a straight cut fringe and chin length hair, who darted amongst the other bloggers and wrote stories about cornfields! Well, my darling, we know the truth now don't we?!

    I so love our chats on a Saturday night! I so hate the time difference that complicates our friendship!

    I take your sunshine and give it back to you a hundred-fold, because you deserve every golden drop!

    (Now, what's this about Willie and the handcuffs?! She's got handcuffs on the brain!) LOL!

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean Saturday morning...lol. Me too!
      Thanks for the picture. I wish I looked like that!

      Delete
  9. Awww Minelle...Thank you so much for the lovely compliments and the award. You have a long list of Sunshine because you touch everyone everyone's heart and are so easy to love.

    Really enjoyed your answers...will try to get a post up with my answers some time this week.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling is mutual dear!
      I hope you get some time for yourself this week!

      Delete
  10. Oh they aren't going to follow the rules! Not those folks. :)

    I love lilacs too and Christmas and lots of colors and coffee.
    I've had too much coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya. Yea I always have too much coffee!
      None of these guys follow the rules....but they expect ME to follow them!

      Delete
  11. Hi, Minelle. What a generous and joyous post I find here in rejoining you! There are so many wonderful blogger friends, and I love love love reading your tributes to some of them.

    Ah, the smell of lilacs and coffee! ;-) I wonder if it's a personality quirk for those of us who can't give single answers to these "favorite" questions - but I like so many!, and can't stand to give one-word answers - ya gotta explain!! I'm like this, too, about so many things, and my preferences change sometimes!

    Many big hugs to you, and huge thanks for reaching out while I was MIA. You're on my list of sunshine bringers!

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too nice. I agree that times and circumstances change our responses some times!
      I send you sunshine so you can make your way back to us!

      Delete
  12. Minelle! Thanks so much for your kind words. I've been a super slug about blogging lately but I promise to reciprocate with fascinating facts about myself very soon.

    I'm honored to be your friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooooh I cannot wait to read about the fascinating facts regarding our illustrious Celeste...writer extraordinaire!

    The feeling is mutual, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Minelle!
    Sorry it's taken me so long to find you ~ I've got a lot to catch up on, lol!

    But what I can see from just this one post is how many really good friends you have here in this community ~

    I look forward in getting to know you better too ~

    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very lucky. The friends I have made here really nourish my soul! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete