I love to
Dance!
Well I do!
That is actually the way hubby and I met.
I had and
have a great group of girlfriends. We always went out every weekend dancing.
Mind you we frequented bars and clubs that played any and every type of music,
and we always looked out for each other.
Now you have
to have a little background here to get the complete picture. I may have acted
a bit wild and crazy, and may have dressed the part as well……but I was, shhhh,
very, as in code word VERY naïve in experience! Not in my knowledge, after all
I am educated.
I know…get
on with it. Well this place was near where I grew up. It was what we called…
a...New Wave club. I was dancing with all the girls and having a grand time!
Then, I had
THAT feeling, and looked up, and here is this guy crooking his finger at me
pointing to the dance floor in front of him. Now If I had felt the creepy
factor, I would have turned around and ignored him. No icky vibes, so I slowly
made my way gracefully, b-bopping over to the edge where he was dancing.
We danced
and talked the entire night. Of course I realized right quick that he had an
accent. Well!!! That is all I will tell you about that. You all know what an
accent does to us American girls! Don't say anything those of you across the pond, it's a good thing!
The best
part was that knowing I was leaving ‘with’ my friends he walked me out and said
he would call. What a gentleman.
BTW… I would
be lying if I said ‘the gentleman’ didn’t try and convince me to go with him,
but after a kiss I was pulled into the car to drive away with my friends.
He called and
called. We had great conversations, and talks about our families. I knew that
someone who loved his family unconditionally like he did was a man I could let
into my heart.
So ‘we’ began.
It wasn’t
always a bed of roses; I may have even thrown the ring at him a time or two!! People
can describe me in many kind ways but I can be bossy, self-righteous and
feisty. (You wonder….Is this where you
get a spanking…..?)
We have each
had less than stellar moments but we genuinely love each other and have fun when
we can! (And we never stay mad we always make-up)
Remember we
are not DD- but hubby always, always threatened to turn me over his knee from
the very beginning. He has also suited action to words but not very heartily, HALF
playfully! We
both enjoyed (secretly) those moments and moved on…
All these 24
years together we skirted the ‘spanking’ play. Until I felt compelled to email
my friend PK. After I sent PK my story and she posted it, I thought about
sharing these parts of me more openly with him. (After all I have belonged to
spanking story sites, and have been reading blogs for going on 5 ish years)
Woo Hoo PK!!
After
partaking of a lovely strong Cosmopolitan, I took the plunge, and shared my
story. He read some of ‘Into the Alley’ from my phone in a bar!! I am definitely not a writer but I enjoy the process
of putting my take on a fantasy into words.
Well I will
leave you with this…..We have moved the spankings from the living room to the
bedroom. We have found that we are BOTH into it from different Vantage points.
Me across his knees! Yes he is definitely enjoying this!!
Minelle
Great story. I love the picture of him summoning you from across the dance floor. Very sexy.
ReplyDeleteI always like to ask people how they met their spouse. Telling those stories, no matter how long ago, always make them smile.
It is absolutely accurate! He even remembers exactly what I wore that night! I also love hearing the happy beginnings of couples.
DeleteI loved hearing this story about you and hubby. It always nice to get know a fellow blogger better.
ReplyDeleteabby
Thanks! I love when the telling is such a good thing.
DeleteI'm sooo glad that he is getting into this. It just does things to a marriage! To a luke warm marriage it was amazing, to an all ready hot one I'm guessing it is just amazing! I'm glad you all ilke to dance too. That first one does paint a picture.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
Who'd a THUNK it? I may tell the story of the difference between how he looks at those still happening quick ones versus the "into the bedroom ones!" Interesting....and I already suspected as much! lol
DeleteWe still go out to dance!!
yay! I'm so excited for you!! And I'm excited that you're blogging so now I get to learn more about you. A new wave dance club... I love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteMostly New wave I have to say! I grew up with some disco, but we frequented all types ie...pool hall, punk, or just casual pub-like!
DeleteThanks!
I have never been able to dance. I'm the one who was pulled to the dance floor by that niece with the "everybody can dance" idea.
ReplyDeleteWas brought back a minute later with a disgusted "you're right, you cannot dance". Love to watch it though. I am now waiting for you to work that scene on the dance floor into a movie script.
You consider yourself not to be a writer? Wel, you could have fooled me! I don't share your opinion on that. You are a writer.
Firstly, you are too kind regarding my writing ability, but thanks! As to the script- those middle years for us could be BORING,maybe that is the wrong word I was quite ummm bossy!
DeleteAs an HOH you owe it to your wife to dance!! giggle!
I see the movie script developing. Every script has this same curve: A sharp peak at the beginning (We have that covered), then slowly going up and down through the innocent (bossy) times, a deep fall (have some writing to do)and then a great ending, with the promise of Living happily ever after. This script writes itself.
DeleteSent my wife to Linedancing. Now isn't that great? No partner needed.
Yes, because you get to appreciate the fruits of her labor!
DeleteAlways keeping the happy ending as an absolute!!
Congrats on startling your blog. PK now has another blogging notch on her belt. I am sure you are going to find blogging a fun experience that will help you make many new friends. You are off to a good start with the post about how you met the one on the dance floor. Will look forward to reading more of you posts. And thanks for the mention and your comments on my blog.
ReplyDeleteTwo pieces of advice. Start a followers list on your blog so you are easy to follow. And write Bonnie at bottomsmarts.blogspot.com and tell her you have started a blog so she mentions you in her next list.
FD
FD
Thanks for stopping by! Yep she has quite a lot of, ahem belt
Deletenotches!
As to the blog roll....I am clueless as to what to do! I have them as my reading on my dash. I have absolutely no idea how to transfer them!! Read what I said about sunny and PK's patience with my LONG journey to blogsville!
I do not feel I am in the same class as the bloggers read on Bonnie"s list! Not even sure I will have material next time!
Minelle, great reading more about you and just so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteWe have have some similar things. I lurked, but not as long as you and I had my husband read my first Fantasy Friday story as an "introduction" to TTWD, blogs, etc.
Hugs!! Also, just read you will have a new story on FF so I'll be watching for that!
You are very kind! I am still introducing hubby to the stories and blogs!
DeleteThis is fun!
Minelle, I'm jealous! I have the rhythm of an elephant. That whole dance floor scene is HOT! It reminded me of 50 Shades or Bared to You!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was hot!
DeleteNot possible you cannot dance, you are a teacher and we are good at everything!
Just joshing!
Ok, what is Bared to you??
It's being called the "crossfire series" written by Sylvia Day. Bared to You is the first in the series. The next one is coming out in October I think. I already preordered it for my Nook. Pretty good reading. Not quite as intense as 50 Shades but still worth reading IMHO.
DeleteThanks! I will need to order for my Nook!
DeleteOh Minelle, what a lovely post. I too love hearing the stories of how people met. Great to have you here.
ReplyDeleteYou must take some credit! My frantic emails!!!
DeleteYou and PK must be shaking your heads, giggling!
What about Your beginning....or did I miss it??
Hi Minelle, Just popped over to read your blog, loved the story of how you met your hubby and how you are getting more into spanking ;)
ReplyDeletexxx
It sure is an auspicious beginning...at least I think!!
DeleteThanks for sharing your story Minelle! I love these "histories of us."
ReplyDeleteYes, real life can have a great deal of romance, can't it?
DeleteI guess I'm a bit late to the party, but welcome to blogging Minelle! I really enjoyed hearing about you and your husband, how you met, etc. We started off with spanking in the bedroom many, many years ago and that has now morphed into a DD relationship. I look forward to reading more about you and your husband. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by! I am often late to the game! I am enjoying talking to everyone in the community! Thanks.
Delete