https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pretty Vanilla


Well PK has done it again!

I really didn’t expect I would ever start a blog. I mean it took me 5 years of reading off and on to actually email PK!! However, when I read her ‘Lifestyle’ post I felt compelled to connect and show my support!

 Well, let me tell you she is a great LADY. Of course all of you already knew that! She is warm, personable and caring.

We had some wonderful conversations that allowed me to have the daring to script my first spanking story. Writing is a very vulnerable inducing passion, and not being a natural it was difficult. I am a pleaser, so when I put my creative energy into something be it painting, drawing or telling a story, I worry about its reception. Maybe everyone feels that their creative work is an extension of themselves?

Because it is such a personal process, I have been agonizing about the decision to start a blog, even after a few of you (PK, sunnygirl and faerie) suggested I give it a try. After weeks, yes weeks of trying, laugh all you want---- feel sorry for PK and Sunnygirl.

 I decided to email sunnygirl. She has a unique outlook on life that also gave me the courage to ‘do it my way,’ which WAS sunnygirl’s advice!

My hardest decision thus far was what to name the blog! So after tossing out many, many ideas, I tried an approach that I often use to get ideas rolling!

I opened a book randomly. The book was ‘Leaves of Grass’ by Walt Whitman. On the page my eyes settled on the phrase, ‘My Breath.’ Perfect! (Of course now I know how unoriginal the name turned out to be….just ask PK)

I went to the dictionary; yes… an old fashioned book, not the computer. I looked up ‘My’ and part of the definition indicated: Expressive of surprise, pleasure or dismay. Then I paged through to find Breath…..aside from the natural, respiration, it said: A momentary stirring of air, a trace, and a soft spoken sound. You can guess that it appealed to my artistic romantic nature.

So that will be the name of this blog,…..or something close!
I love that this community accepts everyone as they are. No judgments, a great deal of positive support.
Thanks to all who have said such nice things about my stories, and those of you who allowed the crazy “lurker” to comment.

These are not in any order,
PK of course, Sunnygirl, faerie, Ronnie, SNP, Paul, Rogue, Christina, Abby, Patty, Playful little brat, JJ, Heather, Michelle Carlyle, Kay, Stormy, Florida Dom, Kitty, Susie, Mick, Hermione and Bas.
Reneerose~closetgirl, thanks for the lurker shout out!

Next time…..I’ll tell you more about US.

We are not a dd couple but….. hubby is a spanker……
Minelle



  


28 comments:

  1. Welcome. I get to be first, I get to be first. nananananana, just like a little kid.

    Congratulations on your first post. It was great. Can't wait for the ones to follow.

    Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. Not sure anyone will want to come back but....

      Delete
  2. From one former lurker to another, welcome to the blogging side of Blogland!
    I think that you will find it to be an even more enjoyable experience than lurking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am certainly going to try, here's hoping!

      Delete
  3. You did it! Yeah for you!! Shame on Sunnygirl for taunting, I think she should get an extra spanking for that! I was away from the computer! I love it that you are here. And now we want every detail - spill it. I'll be back for each post.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I thing she intends on getting that spanking!
      Thanks for your help! Although what were you thinking being away from the computer? Sheesh! lol

      Delete
  4. Welcome to blogging! (another lurker here)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Minelle! Congratulations on your new blog. Wishing you only good things and a warm welcome to you as a Blogger.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay, I'm so excited you have your own blog now!!! Welcome to blog land!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said to sunnygirl not sure anyone will find my life interesting....but I'm here.

      Delete
  7. Now this is a great surprise Minelle. Tonight, on my phone, I read your comment on my blog under your new full name and I was already happy for you, but I didn't yet look further. Now, this morning, I click on your name and I find you have started your own blog. And what a great start. Welcome to blogland.
    Now we have to find in what way are related. Labraun, that is literally the french/german translation of my last name.
    Come on, lets go blame PK, together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.....I tweaked the spelling but my ancestry is from across the pond. I have quite an interesting heritage!
      Thanks for the welcome!

      Delete
  8. Hi Minelle! You are going to love blogging. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit nerve racking. Hopefully I will have something to say!

      Delete
  9. Welocme to "our" world! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah good for you Minelle. I'm so happy you took the plunge.

    Look forward to visiting you again.

    Thanks for the mention.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were so nice about my amateur writing, thanks!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! It's so much more fun to be able to say "I did" rather than "maybe someday". Looking forward to more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I know what it's like to step out of the lurker shadows, but it is SO rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corina I am so sorry I am not sure how I missed your comment!
      Thanks for your welcome!

      Delete
  13. Yay, you did it :D Welcome to blogland. I'd say I am sorry I pushed you, but I'm not, lol. I hope you find it as fulfilling and saitsfying as I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You maybe sorry later on when you get nothing but boring drivel!

      Delete
  14. Hi! I have often read your comments and wanted to start reading your blog from the beginning. PK has been encouraging me to start my own blog - to dive more fully into this loving, accepting community instead of hiding and staying on the outskirts. I am not sure if I am brave enough but as a first step I am putting myelf out here more to meet the people I already consider friends. I love the definition of breath - it is beautiful. I consider myself, too, to be a creative spirit and a romantic at heart. I do believe writing is an expression that comes from within as an extension of ourselves and to share makes you feel very vulnerable. So thank-you very much for sharing. I look forward to reading more and learning more about you. Best wishes, Terpsichore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I am so glad you are considering blogging. I will never regret taking the plunge. I may have times when I have little to say, but then when I have more time I can find more to say!!
    It is true that you will meet the most wonderful people here. Everyone embraces you with a great deal of sound advice.

    ReplyDelete