https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spanking 'Interruptus'


In recent weeks my husband has more often than not threatened a spanking….like he always has when I am surly. Maybe employing a swat or two. However not like normal.


I thought we were kind of taking a step back from our summer romance. Life just was overflowing into our lovely memories and I was not taking his distance happily, or his exhaustion good naturedly.


When things like this occurs I either withdraw, or talk, talk, and talk….trying to get into deep conversations. Rather unfair to a man who can barely stay awake after he walks in that door. I am usually very considerate.


The other night I was not thinking clearly, I was in the zone. He was sitting in ‘his’ favorite chair when I walked by him after railing about something, and commenting, “that’s how well you care about what I am saying.” He took my arm and tossed me over his knee and smacked me several times firmly but really not hard. I laughed, he did as well, and said some things…my disposition was better in the short term. WHY?


I can honestly say that my mood has been a miasma recently. I know others have spoken about hormonal changes affecting their ability to react normally. (Some of this is my later age) Unfortunately circumstances are interfering with my ability to turn things around. Usually I am able to get myself out of the darkness quickly. I am an outgoing person and most times I just need to connect with others, smile, laugh and I am there…. Happy. I do seem to come out of it for a period of time. At work- I love the kids and they just right my world with their love and innocence.


My children are older so really quite happy to spend their days after school, working and/or socializing with friends. Seems great right? (I miss them too) More time for hubby and me to enjoy each other. Well it would be if he were home. Unfortunately/ fortunately he is working incredibly long exhausting hours. He is gone about 15 hours a day, sometimes longer.


I have been here many, many times before. However, ‘in the old days’ I had so much to keep up with, I missed him but, reality was reality and I was practical about it all. Plus, I filled my need for extra help etc. with my large family’s offers. We all reciprocated in those early years. Not only did we help as needed, it was a social outlet. Our houses were filled with children of all ages. At the end of a day often more than one family shared a meal.


The beginning of my entrance into ttwd brought a new and refreshing outlook in our changing lives. I miss the time and ‘research’ we shared.


I am sure we will get back to it as his work quiets….if it does. But until then I cannot really share much with him. Even some medical concerns I am dealing with right now. I have stopped biking for the short term since I am experiencing some heart racing and tiredness. There are other symptoms as well but hopefully the doctor will shed some light.


Maybe it can all be attributed to ‘that time of my life beginning.’ It may also be a result of a vitamin deficiency.


 I am not worrying about something unless I have something to worry about!


I know my husband is too tired but, maybe a really hard spanking would help. I am not really sure if I would even go for that. I am crazy…see?


Well thanks for reading!

Minelle



34 comments:

  1. Your not crazy, your female, lol. Hope everything works out with the health issues and things calm down for your hubby soon. And if you find a good way to handle him being tired, please let me know, it's something I struggle with terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on some ideas. Just my own outlook helps I believe. When I am better...we are.

      Delete
  2. This so speaks to me at the moment too. DH has been working non-stop, and even when he is home, he can log into work, and work some more. I am usually really considerate too, and try and put his need for rest above my own, but sometimes that is really hard, isn't it? I don't think you are crazy btw...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps when I feel others are in the same boat. Sharing Ideas and commiserating is always helpful. Knowing I am not crazy, that too helps. :)

      Delete
  3. I know, I know, men work too hard and for some reason work and exhaustion seems to rob them of what really important in life - spanking us!! Okay, maybe it's not the MOST important thing in the world, but TTWD is important to our well being and toward a happier marriage, so I often wish it was more important to them.

    Hugs,
    PK

    PS. Please, PLEASE, take the 'are you a robot off. I just can't see to do it. It usually takes me at least 10 or more tries and on some site I just give up and quit trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW? I didn't even think it was still there. UGH! I almost give up on some other sites as well.

      Delete
    2. Everyone please let me know if I was able to get rid of the annoying robot thingy!!!! I fiddled- and maybe I was successful??

      Delete
    3. It's off! Hurrah! One less obstacle for us poor wordpress users... :D

      Delete
  4. Just checking, crazy lady that I am. Was I successful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found that spanking seems to cure whatever ails me, usually stress. I hope you get what you need.
    Have you tried a vitamin B12 injection?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you for mentioning b12. I was thinking about that. I have taken some mess that can cause a deficiency. I hope that is it. I meant meds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many possible causes for being tired...not enough protein, not enough calcium (weird, I know), not enough sunshine, not enough sleep, not enough exercise, not enough spanking... ;) Going through medical stuff is never any fun at any age, and tiredness is a bear. Sometimes, no matter what our age, a good deal can be solved by a nice cuddly afternoon nap. I bet that what you enjoy also tires you out (namely kids!).

    Hope you are feeling better. I love your cheery posts and all your sweet comments on everyone else's blog. Take care of yourself, and I hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so nice!
      Napping is something I love. However I was having a bit of trouble sleeping which can be attributed to Teens- and hormonal difficulties. Such is life!
      Tomorrow is a better day!:))

      Delete
  8. You are not crazy..but do get yourself checked out! No answers for you on hubby's working so hard...but I do hope that spanking happens soon! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I have been putting off going in...last time I rode the bike My resistance and speed were really low and I was breathing hard. That was a kick in the butt. I am going in.
      Hopefully the spanking will happen.

      Delete
  9. Thinking of you Minelle. Hope you and your husband have a nice long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we will certainly try! Hope you and your husband enjoy your weekend as well!

      Delete
  10. We absolutely have the overwork problem going on here, too. (not to mention the being in separate states). I hope you get a chance to reconnect more this weekend and I love that a few swats helps you both laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been there with the separate States. That is just difficult at times. That has always been a part of us- the swats and laughter!
    No real connection but....maybe in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Minelle :). I hope you're enjoying your weekend. I think every female on the planet can relate to what you're saying. I know I sure can. My mood can change literally in the blink of an eye. I can be a total lunatic sometimes, lol! I guess it's mostly just hormones??

    My husband goes through periods of having to put in long hours at work too and comes home to tired to do anything but eat and go to bed, so I can relate to what you're saying there too. Luckily, the pendulum swings the other way too, and we get to catch up with each other during the slower times. I hope you two will get the same chance here very soon.

    I agree, there are soooo many things that cause fatigue. I hope you and your doctor are able to get that taken care of ASAP.

    Take care :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rescued you from spam-land!! YEA.
      I am a new person today. That is the way the hormone pendulum swings. We really are very lucky since we tend to get the best of both worlds at times. Lots of time together but no work- and then zero time which means more money!
      I am doing the happy dance since he called and will be off tomorrow. What an image that is.lol

      Delete
  13. You're not crazy!

    I'm going through the same thing with hormones and moods.

    It's also hard to hang onto that feeling of being a couple when things get busy and life just seems to happen.

    Connecting with a hard spanking releases endorphins and can cleanse us emotionally and I think that's why I crave it so much when things seem to get off kilter.

    I hope you two get some time soon, but know that you are not alone!! The best thing about blogging for me is to see the similarities we all share, and then I realize that I am NOT crazy, lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so much better today. Those hormones are confusing.
      Sometimes I feel the minute I acknowledge my mood it changes!UHG! I wonder how bad it will get as I continue the next couple of years? lol.
      It is hard to connect when you are only able to see each other an hour each day.
      However, we are lucky since hubby has off tomorrow! This was a surprise change. Maybe the spanking research will continue?!
      Thanks for stopping by.



      Delete
  14. I am feeling for you. It seems that since dd, I miss my husband more than I use to. Life was busy before and I filled it with activities centered around my kids. But now, if I don't get enough of my husband, it throws me off kilter. Hormones and all. I do hope that your doctor can help you feel better and that there is nothing serious going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This ttwd does put an emphasis on 'us' and I just want to enjoy what we have. I am seriously hormonally crazy at times. It was never this bad. Pain tears etc., yea but not the crazy mood swings. I do also think I have a vitamin deficiency so maybe all that will shed light on the health stuff.
    However hubby is home today so after a nice breakfast 'fry-up' we will enjoy the day! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What you are saying is so true, when Ian isn't around I am craving him. Missing the opportunities to be together and close is really hard.
    There are so many things that pull us this way and that, when we discovered Dd - I wanted to be in that cocoon of soft, close connection and the rest of the world interferes with that a little.
    I hope you get the answers to your health concerns asap, Minelle.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We were able to talk today, and we love the closeness we feel concentrating on us. We really have had many a difficult year/years with health and or work related issues. I was a human dynamo trying to fix it all. Not necessary now.
    We rode our bikes today, it was nice but still not as easy as it should have been for me. So I will ask the docs their opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm late here Minelle. Hopefully some answers from the docs will put your mind at rest. I will say that over the last couple of years, my hormonal mood swings seem all over the place at times. It's hard growing up huh? :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am getting some answers. The doc said she thinks I'm ok but just to be safe.....more tests, blood work, etc...Just trying to be responsible- otherwise I wouldn't care.
    AND growing up--- I am not going easy....kicking and screaming ALL THE WAY!

    Those hormones are driving me to drink. Oh! I do that anyway. ;)
    No but seriously.lol

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a bit late to the party, but I hope that you and your hubby have had the time and energy to reconnect. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Grace! I bit. We had time on Sunday. He surprised me Sat night saying work was called for Sunday. I was very pleased.

    Thanks for coming on over!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Minelle, I wanted to email you, but I can't find your email anywhere on your page or set up? So, forgive me for commenting here, but if you get a chance will you email me so I can email you back: marriedamusicman@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete