https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Monday, August 26, 2013

I lost control of my hands, and a discombobulated life.

                           
This describes my life and my mood lately.
If you want something clear and concise do not read me today! If you want to have a bit of a laugh and a tear at my expense than stay. Believe me I will make your life seem sane!

Those of you who have regular updates on my insanity  can attest to the FACT that I am running on empty.  This has been a summer of one challenge on top of another. Many of them are never going to be resolved. I am not Superwoman even if I try and act as if she and I are interchangeable .

                                                         


Some of you know that I lost my job. I know it has nothing to do with my performance. The agency I work for was not retained by the schools where I taught. It is all about money and new leadership.

I am so sad because I am truly passionate about teaching kids the love of art. I may hate the politics of education but never the kids. Plus I know these kids!

I really want them to understand I didn’t choose to leave them. I cannot tell you how many of my students begged me to never go away.

I am struggling with missing them… as school begins.

In the midst of many changes and challenges let me give you a glimpse into my life.

We rarely have a relaxing Sunday and on this particular one we began furiously getting ready for a Christening. Clothes were strewn about and my Scotsman couldn't locate his dress shoes. The guy works like a madman barely having an hour to relax. I never thought that the shoes wouldn't be in his closet.

I found them....Heroine Minelle... smiles and accolades!

I was interrupted prior to the event with a phone call from the new art teacher asking me to meet at my old place of employment. I needed to clear out all my bookcases, books, dishes, files, examples, etc…while handing over the keys.

Let me say,I believe in acting with integrity.


                               

 I understand her desire for getting started….but…! I guess I was discombobulated; this was a slightly unusual way to pass the hat… I mean not exactly professionally arranged...But... I knew she was excited to begin her job. I remember that feeling!

In the midst of these thoughts, we had another phone call from overseas relating sad news. We took time to make sure everyone was okay. This understandably delayed us. Dressing nicely my husband, daughter and I ran to the church with a millisecond to spare.

And hubby only misplaced his dress shoes twice.

It was a different type of service and inspired quite a bit of discussion….enough said.

Next.....

The plan was to pick up a card, change into more comfy clothes and move the four cars around for everyone’s imminent use.

Since I needed to go transfer my life of work from my EX-Classroom to my home studio,(Half of the family room now) we needed two cars at the Christening party.

It was a mad rush to change, move cars and write out the card prior to the party.

Now...white shirt over black top and black jeans....

Mind you I was ready sitting in the car waiting for my darling Scotsman….

Somehow the keys for our car disappeared in the moments after our daughter rearranged the car parking.
Of course I assumed she had them! So I called her and suggested she somehow misplaced them. She frantically shared that she misplaced the card….My normally very competent daughter was completely frustrated.

Daughter arrives and we all searched…even my mother in law.

We looked for the keys for a long time…the card---- was located quickly.

 But.... NO KEYS.

Picture a bellowing Scotsman….aggravated.

Picture me superior sounding while pointing out that I had nothing to do with the ‘car rearranging, so it was everyone else's problem!

I was asked by hubby and daughter if I checked my purse.  

Rolling my eyes a TINY bit.....

Check….! (Lofty look from me) No keys….

I walked into the house assuming once again I would need to fix this problem somehow….Sheesh! 

Superwoman mode!

Oh! I thought, let’s just take the van…

Seriously…?! What is wrong with me?

Took me long enough! 

I shared my wonderful solution and climbed into the van passenger side.  Hubby climbed into the driver seat.

Looking down in to my purse.....

I spotted…….yikes….YES…YES! The keys!

Need I describe the LOOK?

Who set me up? They were not there before!!

We hurried to the party over an hour late and expressed our apologies. We are never late!

I was offered a glass of red wine….

I shared a bit of food with my wine….Trying to relax.

I began sharing my sadness at losing my job and cleaning out my stuff....

......... over my second red wine….

Gesticulating wildly I somehow spilled an entire glass upon my person!

Yes my white shirt now looked reddish purple.

Sigh…we left so I could change prior to the move…I cannot imagine I would look capable smelling of and covered in wine.

I wanted to do this with integrity...

Walking out I was smacked firmly on the bum. He smiled widely, “what the heck happened?”

I said, “I don’t know... I lost control of my hands!”

He raised his right hand and said, “I am about to lose control of this hand all over your behind!”

Nope he didn’t--- he knew I needed hugs and gentle care that day!

I cannot tell you what a sweetie he is…He came with me and in the classiest, friendliest way I wanted, he heaved and lifted a van full of memories.

I know that was all for me because he is angry on my behalf. 

My voice shaking I shared my thanks with him….

He is the greatest.

I am not perfect and I am here to say that during this time of angst a few stress relief spankings have been needed….

These days I do not always want it but I really need it! (Unless it is FUN spanking)

I will share that he has seen just how much it changes my mood…

There are plenty more stories.....

Another....of interrupted love as well. 

Maybe next time!

Thanks for reading,

Minelle

PS.....Yes Cat I screwed up the type again. I was impatient and figured...what the heck! 





















































42 comments:

  1. Oh Minelle, I am so sorry but so glad you have your beautiful Scotsman to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, I am truly lucky that he always thinks of me. Lifting carrying so many years of work, that was a hard thing to have to do.

      Delete
  2. Hey Minelle...so happy you have your Scotsman to keep you grounded! Why didn't you text me...I could have quickly walked you through the fix...in fact, I do believe you have a copy of the instructions I emailed to PK the other day. If you don't, let me know and I will send them to you. ;)

    Behave yourself and remember...you are not superwoman!

    Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I have the copy somewhere....LOL.
      This is me we are talking about. I am not exactly tech savvy.
      Why can't I be Superwoman?
      I am taking all the prayers and healing I can my dear...Thanks.

      Delete
    2. You can't be Superwoman, because I do believe one very cold day back in December you 'picked' Catwoman....and so did CAT if I remember correctly- ( btw you both didn't play by the rules that day either...)

      Delete
    3. Oops! Well maybe I will change my mind...LOL. Who says I EVER follow rules? Just ask my Scotsman!

      Delete
  3. Minelle, you have gone through a lot and come out strong. We respect you for your integrity and your philosophy of acting with integrity even when you are treated badly. I agree with Cat. You are not Superwoman, so there is no need to try! Better to pace yourself and get rest.

    Hugs.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really try to behave with integrity. It is sometimes hard when life throws so many arrows your way...but I am determined that certain areas in my life will stay that way.
      I am pacing myself...but those arrows don't care!
      Rest yes!

      Delete
  4. Oh Minelle, so sorry things are so turned upside down on you. I hope something works out to get you back in the classroom in the near future, in the mean time use the down time to try to unwind. I'm glad you have your scotsman too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure that will happen this year. That really saddens me. I didn't realize how much!
      If life would give me a break I would love to unwind.
      At least we have a long weekend...!Maybe Mr. Scotsman and I will enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Minelle, I am so sorry but happy your Scotsman was there for you. I too applaud you for dealing with the situation at school with integrity.

    Sending huge (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never treat another person in her situation badly. I could tell how excited she was to start teaching. I am happy for HER.
      However I am so sad for me. Thanks for the hugs!

      Delete
  6. Minelle,
    I am very sorry about your job. A very wise person once told me that when you leave a place of work in an abrupt way, no matter what the circumstances, it is very similar to a divorce. Relationships are immediately changed and there is nothing you can do to change it. I will hope that you soon find a new place to engage in your art with children, perhaps some that may need you even more.

    Yes, that Scotsman is one classy guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That describes what I feel perfectly. I feel bereft in so many ways. You are loved, cherished and supported, then nothing. It is as if you were never there. So odd really.
      I am truly upset at the abrupt way things happened, however I still would never change how I gave my 200%.
      Yes my dear Scotsman is all that.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad that your man was by your side during that difficult transition...as well as for the heavy lifting;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a strong guy, my Scotsman! Seriously he moved it all out within a half hour. I didn't pack anything. I just grabbed my stuff and pointed...He was an angel.

      Delete
  8. Hi Minelle, :)

    Being everything for everyone all the time. I'd call that a good definition of the modern day "Superwoman"! The thing is that there may come a time when you feel as though you just can't give another morsel. UNLESS you take care of YOU girlie!!! Though sure aounds like your wonderful Scottsman has you in check there!!! :). Good man!!! I can just picture him helping you with all your stuff, his presence keeping you centered during the art room move, even while he is annoyed as all get out at the school! He's got you! :)

    You are a helping person. It's what you DO. It's how you are. That's pretty wonderful Minelle. The world needs more people just like you! You do have SO much on your plate its no wonder the keys get lost or the wine spills or any number of other things. Battle scars. No worries about those things!!! But I do hope that you are feeling okay and I'm sorry that you are missing those kids. I'm more than sure that they miss their creative, fun, loving teacher- YOU! It is completely that schools loss. The new school that you end up in will be very LUCKY! :) I will find you today and check up on you! Giant hugs sent your way,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This girlie is pretty wiped these days. Not sure I can keep up!
      I love the analogy of battle scars...perfect.
      I am missing those kids more than you can imagine. I loved the hugs I got every single day. They made me better, those kids, not the administrator. Those wonderful children who came every day excited to learn!

      Delete
  9. UGH..coming from education I hate the politics of it...caring wonderful teachers leaving or being pushed....trust me those little ones will never forget you. I still get hugs in the middle of a mall or supermarket from grown student....taller than I am.
    This did make me both laugh and tear up...such is life...and as much as we might try to deny it, none of us is super woman!!!
    It is a wonderful feeling to know that someone is life has us 'covered'....hang in there.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I am tearing up answering these comments. You get it. I am not sure I will ever forget these kids. They were so special. Sometimes I would need to brace myself from being knocked over. Once I have about 20 or more kids of all ages run and group hug me. There is nothing like that kind of love...nothing except family...but they were a family.
      My man is wonderful.

      Delete
  10. So sorry but glad you have your Scotsman.

    I was gesticulating on Saturday when we were out and forgot I had a glass of red in my hand, it went over P:(

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, My guy is wonderful to me. He is always there for me.
      Those hands gesticulating! I thought I got the wine out of my shirt...no such luck!! Grrrrr!

      Delete
  11. When I read you lost control of your hands, I thought you smacked your Scotsman!

    I am sorry about your job Minelle, I know how much you loved it, and how much of your 'free' time you put into it after hours. You and I have talked about the influence of art teachers with their students, ( not dismissing the influence of other teachers here). As you and I know, art students tend to be (ahem) a different breed. The classroom has a different feel to it as creativity and expression flows out and visually others see it take shape. It is scary and wonderful all at the same time. An art teacher for many is a peer with an edge of authority. A confidant with those emotions and insecurities that formulate on paper, or canvas to be judged by others. Those kids may not see you every day anymore, but will they feel you. I know first hand the wonders of an art teacher and how often I see her influence in my every day life.

    I pray that your life will settle down soon enough- and that your loss of this job will soon be an open window of opportunity for you.

    hugs,
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never change how I approached my job, that is for sure. I do believe that art, music, dance, and theater are of such paramount importance in education. It teaches children to think, problem solve and grow.
      I am glad have someone who made such a positive impact on you and your life. It is something that I wish for everyone.
      Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time and wishing you success in finding a new position soon. Art classes are important for all students. I fondly remember my art teacher and believe the skills I learned from him have benefited me throughout my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what education is about. The impact of the person who opens our eyes to learning. The transfer from one area of concentration to all aspects of our life.
      Thanks Meg.

      Delete
  13. Blogger keeps telling me the comment page doesn't exist or has moved....probably for the best.

    The short version: Big hugs. You make Superwoman look like a pud. Scotsman earned major points - not that he needed any more. One door closes (slamming on your fingers still clutching to the frame) and another opens - platitude, but you know I have very good reason to know this one is true.

    ♧♣♧♣♧♣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did, didn't he?!
      One door closes, slamming on my fingers as I am still clutching on the frame...the other opens...NOT PLATITUDES! I embrace what you are saying. It is what keeps me positive.
      I do know and understand your reasons! It is true, I just do not know when the door will open!

      Delete
  14. I am sorry Minelle. That really sucks loosing a job like that. But it sounds like he is here for you.
    And of course those stupid keys were in your purse after all. I hate when that happens, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl...I still cannot figure out how that happened. I mean, my daughter moved the car! I was in the house! Sheesh!
      My Scotsman is really so very loving!

      Delete
  15. Ah, Minelle, I am sorry life is so challenging at the moment. I am so glad that you man is hanging on to you tight and giving you all the love and support you need. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting how life goes through these challenging seasons isn't it? I know I will weather but I am certainly happy my guy is there for me to hold on to.
      Thanks for the love and support! I take it all!

      Delete
  16. Awwww what a rough day..I lost my keys for a whole day!!!! Grrr. Hope your doin better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when that happens! We have an issue with keys in this household...LOL...and lost wallets, phones...NOT ME! LOL

      I will be fine, but thanks.

      Delete
  17. it's awesome when they know when all we need is gentle loving and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, because sometimes we are not even sure!
      I am glad he got it!

      Delete
  18. Hi MInelle, I am so sorry that you lost your job, I do hope you find another position soon. In the meantime maybe you can use this time to find a little while just for you.
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I am needed by many at the moment. There are no end of demands upon my time. I am not complaining, I love hard and just step up when necessary. It is okay we all require more at different times. Others will come forward for me too.
      But maybe just a bit of time for me....

      Delete
  19. Wow!!!! What an emotional time for you. I'm so sorry.

    Your Scotsman is so very wise. He knows just what you need.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah, Yes it is a trying time but I know that it will get easier.
    That guy of mine is a very compassionate person.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh, I'm so sorry about your job and the very stressful day! Glad your Scotsman is a prince. love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Renee. Life is just a journey of different seasons and we will weather these stressful times! Take care!

    ReplyDelete