https://whenthestormwhisperstothewind.blogspot.com

Friday, August 2, 2013

Do You Think A Spanking Could Help?


Never let it be said that lack of sleep, worry and stress doesn’t make for some comic relief!

I went to the grocery store…. 

A store where you bag your own goods....I didn't get bags and left everything in the cart. I figured I would just load it all on the seats. Just trying to condense the whole process…you know?

I walked up to the van and opened the door. It looked so very clean!

I thought, what a great guy my Scotsman is. I looked down and the stow and go was open.

Hmmmm?  I closed it of course!

Next I looked across to the other seat. All my reusable bags were neatly contained, in the van NOT in the house!! 

Wow that Scotsman really thinks of me!

I began to load my groceries in a bag, placing my purse on the seat. The bag was filling up so I looked to grab another.

THAT'S when it hit me....

Where were all the crayons.... My paintings strewn about all over, the multitude of typed lessons, map quest papers, shoes….clothes…coffee cups ….etc...etc...I am a creative mess in the car!


OH MY!

....this isn't my VAN!!!! Took me long enough!


I furtively looked about; making sure no one was coming my way.
Hurriedly, I emptied the bag placing the groceries back in the cart, and tossed it in the van.


I tried to slam the door……zzzzzzz…..one of those SLOW automatic doors!!!!! Hurry!!!

Grrrrrr….eeeeeee…… and I ran to.....


ONE CAR OVER!!!


Sigh…..


I almost p'd my pants, I was laughing so loud! 


I thought how surprised they would be to open the door, see the stow and go closed and an a reusable bag whipped from its’ container!


Ahhhh settling down and glancing about, I was reassured.


THIS WAS MY MESSY VAN!


Hmph….I guess they shouldn't have left their car open.....



I laughed the whole day. Who am I fooling? I am still cracking up!


So..... Do you think a spanking would help??

38 comments:

  1. No but it would be fun anyway!!
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I've tried to get in the wrong car before, so embarrassing.
    Spanking? The only way to find out is to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did and it helped my stress...SOME...LOL. The embarrassment not so much!

      Delete
  3. ROFL..... I think nearly everyone has done this before...... Toyota had this wonderful thing in the 80s where they recycled their keys.... My dads van had the exact same key as my little 2 door.

    I often wondered if one day I might accidentally get into the wrong car and start it.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that used to happen more!
      The really funny thing is that I was about to sit in the drivers seat...Oh gosh.

      Delete
  4. The very picture of this in my mind has me doubling up! Your car sounds like a mobile art studio! Wish I had been a fly on the wall! You are so funny!

    By the way - please put me out of my misery - is a VAN what we call a PEOPLE CARRIER? What with calling boots, trunks, and bonnets, hoods, I get easily confused...

    As to the spanking - maybe it's a surfeit of those over the years that have addled your brains!

    (No, Minelle, please don't send Ana over! It was a joke, right?!)

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car is a mobile art studio!!
      I wonder if it is what you call a caravan?? My Scotsman didn't know!
      The spanking helped with the stress! For a short time!
      Ana scares you..HUH?

      Delete
  5. LOLLL Minelle, :)

    This cracks me up!!! I am starting my weekend out with a smile! Thank you for that!!! I love how you affectionately refer to your van as messy with art supplies, etc. Those things that we do to make them our own are wonderful and I can just picture this so well! Too fun! :)

    So great that you actually started unloading your stuff in to the van and thought that your Scottsman had done you a good dead!!! See?? Our men are so wonderful that we think so highly of them. He must have howled laughing when you told him this. ROFL!!!! I think it happens to the best of us. I've gone to the wrong one before but never actually started depositing my shopping goods!!!

    I think you need a big spanking!!! LOL!!! But only if you want one! And put a fun sticker or something on the outside of your car at the back. Makes it easy to pick out in a parking lot. It does help! Many hugs to you,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say "thought that your Scottsman had done you a good *deed*!!!! Lol

      Delete
    2. Oh he laughed so hard!!
      I always want one...EVEN IF I DON"T WANT ONE. Not sure I understand! LOL.
      Believe it or not, we have Scotland stickers on the back of the van! So that was NO help!
      Dead...deed...hmmmmm???

      Delete
  6. LOL Minelle,

    When I first started reading I thought Awe, what a wonderful hubby your Scotsman is. I once walked up to 'my' car, put the key in the door and was about to turn it when the owner walked up behind me. So embarrassing! Same model, colour etc as mine.

    Hmm, maybe a stress relief spanking would help ... followed by a good night sleep!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stress relief spanking did help some...I do not think I could take what I actually need.....And some sleep would help!

      I thought he was a gem too! LOL.

      Delete
  7. Now you know my answer to that will always be YES :-) I don't know in reality if it would help it from happening again, but who cares - it would be fun!!! :-) Happy day! Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun and stress relief...I will take it! I have to say until my life calms, I will continue to be stupid! That is the funny, sad state of affairs!

      Delete
  8. Oh Minelle! Sometimes I think it would be fun to follow you around with a hidden camera (not in a creepy way). Thanks for starting my Saturday with a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh...I cannot imagine the stories one could write...!
      I wouldn't think you would be creepy!
      Glad I could make you laugh!

      Delete
  9. "Do you think a spanking would help?" The answer to that is yes regardless of what the post is about. But, yes, I would have loved to have been watching all this take place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough I can picture you watching....LOL
      Spanking even when I am not ready always cuts to the chase doesn't it??

      Delete
  10. I think I little time with your Scotsman is definitely in order.
    hope you get is soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I tell you what...I am in withdrawal. Had some help and fun but I need more.
      Unfortunately I think more and more crazy things will happen before too long!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh too funny!

    In the mid-80's on a family vacation, my dads keys opened somebody else's car at a rest stop. He's color blind so didn't notice the color was off. Same car though! He got in too! We just laughed and laughed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since talking about this...the stories people tell me! Too funny!
      I bet he never lived that one down!

      Delete
  12. I've almost done this too many times! I'll stand next to a car that's roughly the same size & color and get frustrated when I can't unlock it, and my kids will giggle and eventually tell me "it's the wrong car mom! It's not even the same make - can't you tell?" haha, no..... obviously. I blame it on the "mommy brain".

    I loved that you almost unloaded all your groceries before you realized! Spankable offence? I think only if you want it to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy brain, stress brain pre- menopausal brain, whatever works!
      I think it would help to get some spanks! lolol

      Delete
  13. Wow, what a very funny story, I would be cracking up too! I mean, if they had locked it it wouldn't have happened, so not really your fault. And I could totally see that happening to me too...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the story and I am going with it!! It is all their fault!
      So many people have shared funny stories like this with me!

      Delete
  14. I can't imagine someone leaving their car unlocked like that. However, all cars look alike to me. I just try to remember which car I have driven - red or white - then hope for the best. I click the unlock button on the remote control, and the car's signal lights flash, then I know I've picked the right one.

    Great story!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That works for two of our cars...the remote click, however not this van. And....I am so bad I do not always lock the van unless I have something valuable inside. I think most crooks stay away since it is so messy! lol.

      Delete
  15. Minelle...The description of your van is funny...reminds me of mine when I was constantly traveling. Love that your first thought was a lovely one about your Scotsman's generosity.

    However...YOU deserve a hard spanking! Leaving your van unlocked? Woman...it doesn't matter if there was anything to steal...it's a safety issue!!!!! I do believe your Scotsman and I need to have a nice long discussion...maybe get Ana in on it. Yup...definitely think that conversation needs to happen in the near future.

    BTW...Ami...yes, a van is a people carrier. Minelle...there are different types of caravans (RVs, pop-up trailers, 5th wheels).

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat your reply is below Sara's!!! I am a techno wizard after all!

      Delete
  16. So funny.
    One time my husband ran out to his car because he forgot his wallet. He was in a hurry and was swiftly looking for his wallet, no where to be found. The he looked up and realized he was rummaging through someone else's car. Wait, it gets better. The owner walked out of the store the same time my husband got out of the wrong car. The owner starts running toward him, but when he saw my husband get into the right car, he knew my husbands mistake.
    We've laughed at that for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. One time my sister got into the passenger side of what she thought was her car, and this lady turned to her with a frightened look!!! We still giggle about that!
      You know we never want to let them live those down!

      Delete
  17. LOL Cat...I know what you think I need. Not a fun or stress relief spanking. You want me to get a barn burner! One that leaves me sitting gingerly for a week! Right??? Oh, I think I will keep my Scotsman away from your advice!

    My car never stays neat....

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...you silly noodlehead. Of course this does mean that your husband has to clean your car for you now. Right? Or perhaps he could just spank you? The good kind of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good kind always Susie!! LOL
      Yea.. what a great idea. I am going to share your suggestion!
      He is so much better at cleaning the car...as long as all my junk doesn't find it's way inside the house!

      Delete
  19. ROTFLMAO I just saw this post..o my I have done that but a lady was sitting inside and my kids were in the next van over laughing their butts off...we still laugh at this...did a spanking help or u didn't get one lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. When the weekend came...I did! Stress melted away for...15 minutes!
    I think I need another!

    My kids would have done the same thing! Heck my son would have been mortified!

    ReplyDelete